Get ready for a tasty treat for the holidays with these Cranberry Pistachio Cookies, easy to make gluten-free too!
These Cranberry Pistachio Cookies are going to use a basic simple cookie dough and then have a few additions added in to make these great, unique holiday cookies.
Sometimes it’s fun to make some cookies that are a little bit different than the traditional holiday sugar cookies, these Cranberry Pistachio Cookies are just that. They combine the sweet and salty flavors of cranberry and pistachio into one tasty cookie.
What do you need to make Cranberry Pistachio Cookies?
- Simple Cookie Dough (1 Batch)
- Vanilla Almond Bark or White Chocolate Chips
Once you have your simple cookie dough prepared, you will simply add in the cranberries and pistachios. Once the cookies are nice and baked, you can drizzle on the almond bark to give it a nice little festive addition.
Another idea is to add some holiday sprinkles when you add the almond bark, which makes them even more festive.
We typically make cookies every single year and put them in festive tins or bags to share with family and friends. This is a great cookie to add to your gift-giving.
Tips for Making Cranberry Pistachio Cookies:
If you want to make these gluten-free, simply use the gluten-free method of simple cookie dough. The only thing you need to do for that is use gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour.
As always, be sure to check ingredients on the cranberries, pistachios, and almond bark to be sure that you are choosing gluten-free options if needed.
The simple cookie dough can be made in advance as well, then store it in the fridge until you are ready to use it. Once ready to use, let it sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature and then add in the remaining ingredients to prepare.
Now let’s enjoy these Cranberry Pistachio Cookies, remember I’ll be sharing 2 more recipes coming soon with the Simple Cookie Dough.
Cranberry Pistachio Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- 1 Recipe for Simple Cookie Dough
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pistachios
- 2-3 Blocks of Vanilla Almond Bark or 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Add cranberries and pistachios to the simple cookie dough and mix well.
- Roll into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and slightly golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Drizzle cookies with chocolate.
- Let them set up for 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking