As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Enjoy the flavors of fall with this Ninja Foodi Apple Crisp that is also easy to make gluten-free too.
We have so many desserts that we truly love during the fall, so it’s only fitting that I revisit our apple crisp recipe and adapt it to a Ninja Foodi Recipe.
This Ninja Foodi Apple Crisp is ready to serve in 40 minutes and brings all the flavors of fall into one delicious dessert.
Is this recipe made in the pressure cooker?
No, it is not made using the pressure cooker function. This apple crisp is going to be made using the bake function in the Ninja Foodi. That means if you are using an Instant Pot, you’ll likely want to use this Instant Pot Apple Crisp recipe that would use the pressure cooker function.
If you prefer to make this in the oven, you can make this Oven-Baked Gluten-Free Apple Crisp instead.
This recipe is going to be specific to the Ninja Foodi using the ‘bake’ function.
What type of apples should you use for apple crisp?
We prefer to use Honeycrisp Apples for this recipe they are sweet and crunchy which really does well in this apple crisp. The baking process softens them a bit but it does not turn them to mush, which is exactly what you want.
Should you peel the apples?
This is going to come down to merely a preference, my husband and I like the peel on the apple it brings flavor and a nice texture to the apple crisp too but I do not necessarily want the peel on every apple. I peel about half of the apples, sometimes a little less.
Let’s face it…peeling them gets old so sometimes I get lazy. My kids prefer to have them all peeled but they are slowly understanding why it’s better with half and half.
Do you need any special pans to make Apple Crisp in the Ninja Foodi?
This is going to be made right inside the pot of the Ninja Foodi, so no special pans are needed. I find the bottom cooks nicely if you use just the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
If you do want to look into other accessories for the Ninja Foodi, be sure to check out my store on Amazon.
What else can you make in the Ninja Foodi?
If you love this Ninja Foodi Apple Crisp be sure to check out these Ninja Foodi Recipes too!
Now it’s time to enjoy this Gluten-Free Ninja Foodi Apple Crisp!
- 2 1/2 Pounds Honeycrisp Apples, Thinly Sliced (Peel half the apples or to your preference.)
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- Vanilla Ice Cream, Optional
- Place the sliced apples evenly in the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Evenly pour this over the apples.
- Pour the water over the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix in the softened butter.
- This should be a crumble mixture.
- Evenly add this to the top of the apples.
- Shut the lid that is attached to the Ninja Foodi.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 5gSugar: 53gProtein: 4g