As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Plan the perfect dessert for fall with this Gluten-Free Baked Apple Crisp!
As we head into fall one of the best desserts is a simple Gluten-Free Baked Apple Crisp. This Baked Apple Crisp is one of our favorite recipes of all-time. It’s the perfect gluten-free dessert.
This is wonderful served with a scoop of ice cream.
What flour should you use for Gluten-Free Baked Apple Crisp?
To make this gluten-free use gluten-free oats and gluten-free all-purpose flour. I prefer to use Better Batter for the flour.
In full disclosure, I write menu plans for Better Batter but it really is the BEST flour for any gluten-free recipe. It’s a 1:1 switch so it’s easy to use too.
Which Apples should you use for this recipe?
This is more personal preference than anything else, but I do prefer Honeycrisp. It’s such a sweet crunchy taste that is great for this apple crisp.
I’d also suggest pealing half the apples but not all of them. I used to peel all of them mainly because I had picky eaters that do not like the skin of the apple, but I’ve found I actually prefer a more balanced method. A few with the apple skin give it a great color too.
How do you make Gluten-Free Baked Apple Crisp?
I prepared it in a 9×13 baking dish, the recipe is simple, a few suggestions though be sure to use old fashioned oats. The quick oats can get mushy when they are in the oven but the old fashioned tend to give just the right balance of texture too.
The smell of my house as it baked was amazing, made me want the fall season to be here even more. Although, I can eat this year-round and it was perfect served with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream!
Is your mouth watering yet? I’m not going to lie this only lasted a few days around our house!
Enjoy this tasty dessert!
- 3 Pounds Honeycrisp Apples, Thinly Sliced (Leave the peels on half of the apples)
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Additional Ground Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- Vanilla Ice Cream, Optional
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, place the apples evenly on the bottom of the dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg. Then, place this mixture evenly over the apples.
- Pour in the water.
- At this point, I sprinkled additional cinnamon and nutmeg over it to give it more flavor. I did another teaspoon.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Then, mix in the butter.
- This mixture should be very crumbly but be sure that the butter is mixed in well.
- Evenly crumble the mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until apples are nice and soft. Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 5gSugar: 52gProtein: 6g