Get ready for the holidays with Christmas Snickerdoodle Cookies, these can also be made as Gluten Free Christmas Snickerdoodle Cookies!
Now that we are officially into December I feel like I can finally start baking goodies for Christmas. The downside of working from home is that in the past it worked out well to take the baked items to work or parties.
Now, I work from home, so after I bake I feel the need to bask in the enjoyment of those baked goodies and they like to find a spot somewhere on my body where they don’t belong.
Yep, so is life during the holidays, right?
Are you ready for the Christmas Cookie Series?
Let’s talk cookies! I love cookies, I’m a cookie addict. I will take any excuse to bake up some delicious cookies and what better way to countdown to Christmas than with a Christmas Cookie Series.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be sharing with you a new Christmas cookie recipe on the blog plus sharing a few favorites from the past as well.
Today is all about snickerdoodles. I am not a huge snickerdoodle fan; however, these are my husband’s favorite! So, I knew I had to whip up some but I added sprinkles to them to give it a Christmas flare.
These made for the perfect after school date with my son. He loves to make cookies or eat all the dough, I’m not sure which one he likes more.
Do you make cookies with kids?
This is how our conversation went while we were busy preparing our cookies.
Me: “What do you think mommy does all day?”
Him: “You cook in the kitchen all day long for me to have yummy food.”
Me: “Yep, that sums it up.”
I guess at least he knows what I do, but I may have spoiled him.
Of course, I’m hoping he’ll love to cook and be able to cook all sorts of fun meals for his family when he gets married someday…way long….far away…light years away.
Tips for making Christmas Snickerdoodle Cookies
Back to the cookies, I used a simple Snickerdoodle recipe from an old cookie cookbook then I just rolled the dough balls into sprinkles and placed them on the cookie sheet.
How do you make Gluten Free Christmas Snickerdoodle Cookies?
I simply swap the flour for a Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, it is an even switch.
It’s time for Christmas Snickerdoodle Cookies!
Ready for a Snickerdoodle? Be sure to scroll down too for more cookie ideas!
Find more Christmas Cookie Recipes
One of my old favorites are these Candy Cane Kisses Cookies! Head on over and check them out too!
Be sure to check these out as well:
Stay tuned for next week’s cookie!
Christmas Snickerdoodle Cookies
Christmas Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Red and Green Sugar Sprinkles
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- Begin by combining the sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl and setting aside. Also set aside the sprinkles too. (Note - You want to the cinnamon sugar to be an equal combination, so you may need to add more or less depending on how your mix looks.)
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Next in a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with the sugar beating well and then add the eggs. Next, stir in the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, soda, salt, and cream of tartar in a medium mixing bowl and then add to the creamed mixture. Mix this well until the dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball lightly in the cinnamon sugar and then in the red or green sprinkles. Place these 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400* for 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove and let cool slightly then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Servings: Approximately 4 Dozen