As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
It’s time for a slow cooker stew and this time I decided to add a twist to my stew. Why not have a little Taco Stew? It’s delicious and can be served with tortillas or Fritos.
I really enjoy cooking stew, simply for the fact that it cooks itself and is very easy to prepare. This is the perfect meal for days when you are on the go all day and do not have time to stop and cook dinner. This may be just the trick for you during these busy upcoming holiday months.
Remember, I am not a fan of anything spicy so if you do like spice add a little chili powder or cayenne pepper to this to give it a kick.
Put this in on the way out to work and come back with dinner ready to go!
- 1 Lb Stew Meat
- 1 15.5 Oz Can Chili Beans
- 1 15.5 Oz Can Black Beans
- 1 14.5 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Green Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- In a 4 quart slow cooker combine the stew meat, beans, tomatoes, corn, pepper, beef broth, and bouillon cube. I like to have the liquid come near the top of the cooker, so you depending on the size you use you may want to add a bit more broth or water.
- Let this cook on low for 7 1/2 - 8 hours. In the final half hour add in the cumin and flour and mix this together, then let cook an additional 30 minutes. This will allow the stew to thicken a bit.