Yes, the slow cooker is my best friend.
Have you tried cooking with a baby?
It ain’t easy.
Generally if my husband is home before dinner time or if I can get my baby girl entertained with some toys and her brother doesn’t take them away, then dinner might get made.
I’m a food blogger, I take pictures of dinner too. So dinner is just a bigger ordeal than it is for most families and it’s already normally a bit of an ordeal in between school, after school activities, babies…etc.
What makes it NOT an ordeal?
Slow Cooker and Freezer Meals.
Those are both becoming my two best friends!
This past week, I have been on a bruschetta kick because of all the tomatoes we currently have. This time, I decided to try my bruschetta recipe over chicken and without bread crumbs. I am sure you could still add bread crumbs too.
At first, my husband was skeptical of this recipe. I actually prepped it the night before and crushed garlic in a slow cooker all night is extremely strong! He woke me up just to tell me about it.
He ate his words though later because he loved dinner!
I would say to keep this recipe in the slow cooker right about 6-8 hours. I left it in 8 hours and tried it and it was moist and juicy! Pure Perfection! I set it to warm and let it go a few more hours until dinner time and it was still delicious but not nearly as moist as it was earlier in the day.
You will love this though…plus it’s light and healthy! It’s perfect paired with fresh veggies or a wonderful salad!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Chicken Bruschetta
- 2 Medium Sized Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 4 Medium Sized Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- Grated Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken on the bottom.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, basil, and oregano.
- Evenly pour this on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with about a teaspoon of grated cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove and serve the chicken topped with the bruschetta and sprinkle with additional cheese. This is best taken out of the slow cooker with a slotted spoon to drain off the juice.