Make an easy, tasty meal with Slow Cooker Chicken Bruschetta!
If you are looking for a little twist on a basic chicken dish, then this Slow Cooker Recipe is just for you! This is a great flavor-boosting recipe for chicken and pairs well with a side salad.
Can you put raw chicken in the slow cooker?
Raw chicken can be put in the slow cooker or crockpot. The slow cooker is designed to fully cook the chicken, which is exactly what it will do.
The internal temperature will need to be at least 165*F to be considered well done.
Tips for Making Slow-Cooker Chicken Bruschetta:
This is best cooked in 6 hours, it can be done in 8 hours; however, we have found with chicken breast tends to get too dry in 8 hours.
With that said, it can be made with boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, but keep in mind that chicken breast does dry out faster.
We prefer to use chicken thighs for the most part because they do stay moister. If you use chicken thighs, then you would want to use about 4 chicken thighs or enough to cover the bottom of your slow cooker.
I am usually able to use just 2 chicken breasts because they are larger than thighs.
If you do not have fresh tomatoes on hand, canned diced tomatoes work just as well as fresh do.
When serving, use a slotted spoon, then add some of the ingredients from the slow cooker on top of the chicken.
Is Slow Cooker Chicken Bruschetta Gluten-Free?
This recipe is naturally gluten-free, but as always be sure to check all ingredients before using.
It can be paired with a side salad as well making it a wonderful gluten-free meal option.
More Bruschetta Options:
Slow Cooker Chicken Bruschetta
- 2-4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs See Note Section
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 4 Medium Sized Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- Grated Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, spray it with nonstick cooking spray or use a liner for the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on the bottom.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, basil, and oregano.
- Evenly pour this on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with about a teaspoon of grated cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165*F to be considered done.
- Remove and serve the chicken topped with the bruschetta and sprinkle with additional cheese. This is best taken out of the slow cooker with a slotted spoon to drain off the juice.