As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
A classic stew made right in the Ninja Foodi with this Ninja Foodi Beef Stew that can also be easily made gluten-free too!
This Ninja Foodi Beef Stew was PERFECT…really one of my favorite recipes that I’ve had in quite a while. It is wonderful paired with your favorite gluten-free cornbread too.
If you prefer to use your Ninja Foodi for the cornbread, check out this recipe for Quick and Easy Jiffy Cornbread in the Ninja Foodi.
This stew will use both the saute function and pressure cooker function of the Ninja Foodi. That means you will need the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker to make this, it can also be done in the Instant Pot too with the same method.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Beef Stew:
The first thing you will want to do is use beef stew meat and saute it and brown it before pressure cooking. It’s also important to do a natural release first before fully releasing the pressure.
If you are new to pressure cooking, the natural release means that you do nothing, just let it sit for 5 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
Also, remember to use the Worcestershire Sauce, this gives it a nice flavor, if you skip this ingredient or the Bouillon Cube it isn’t going to have the same flavor.
The leftovers can be stored in the fridge and reheated to serve later as well.
How do you make Gluten-Free Beef Stew?
This stew is naturally gluten-free as it’s thickened with cornstarch. As always, you do want to check all the ingredients you use to be sure they are gluten-free and not cross-contaminated with wheat ingredients.
Can this Ninja Foodi Beef Stew be made in the slow cooker?
This particular recipe uses the pressure cooker function to cook this stew in 30 minutes; however, it can be made using the slow cooker function or in a slow cooker, cooked on low for 8 hours. I’d still suggest browning the meat first, then move on to cooking in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
We typically stick to the pressure cooker function, which works well and does not take much time. This recipe takes about an hour from start to finish including the building of the pressure.
Enjoy this Ninja Foodi Beef Stew and as always, be sure to check out this complete list of Ninja Foodi Recipes.
Follow along on YouTube as well!
- 1 1/2-2 Pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 1/2 Cup White Onion, Diced
- 3 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed or 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Russet Potatoes, Sliced & Diced (about 2 Cups)
- 2 Carrots, Diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, Diced
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Turn the Ninja Foodi to Saute and begin by browning the stew meat and onion, if you prefer you can spray the pot first with your choice of cooking oil.
- Add in the broth, bay leaf, paprika, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, potatoes, carrots, celery, and bouillon cube.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid on the Ninja Foodi, set the nozzle to 'seal'.
- Pressure cook on manual high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, let it naturally release 'do nothing' for 5 minutes.
- Quick-release the rest of the pressure.
- Whisk in 2 tbsp cornstarch to thicken.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 625Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 1134mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 80g