Make these delicious Pellet Grill Smoked Bratwurst in just about an hour on your smoker or Pellet Grill!
One of our go-to recipes during the summer and into the fall are these Pellet Grill Smoked Bratwurst, so easy to just add straight to your grill and then you can easily pair them alongside a mix of vegetables too.
How long do you smoke bratwurst on the pellet grill?
These brats are smoked at 225°F for 45 minutes, then the temperature is raised to 375°F for 5-10 minutes to get them nice and crispy on the outside before serving.
The internal temperature needs to be at least 165°F to be considered done.
This can be checked with a meat thermometer or with the probe that comes with your pellet grill.
Tips for Making Smoked Bratwurst:
Any bratwurst can be used to make these. They are easy to find at your local store in a variety from beer flavored, original, spicy, or sweet, it’s totally up to you.
There are even some with cheese filled inside.
We do not coat ours with any additional seasonings; however, you can always add barbecue seasoning or salt and pepper if you prefer.
While the bratwurst is cooking, spray a sheet of foil with grapeseed oil spray, then place sliced peppers and onions and fold up the foil. This creates a foil pack that you can place on the smoker alongside the bratwurst.
These vegetables can be topped over your bratwurst for serving along with any other condiments that you prefer.
The bratwurst can be flipped midway through cooking time if you prefer as well. This will get them those great grill marks on all sides, plus give them an even temperature throughout.
What do you serve with Smoked Bratwurst?
A variety of sides go well with Smoked Bratwurst including:
And any of your favorite Picnic Salads pair well with these.
Enjoy these Pellet Grill Smoked Bratwurst!
Looking for another way to make brats? Check out these Air Fryer Brats!
Pellet Grill Smoked Bratwurst
- 5 Bratwurst (Any Flavor or Variety)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Sweet Onion
- Bratwurst Buns
- Begin by warming the grill to 225°F.
- Once it comes to temperature, place the bratwurst directly on the grilling grates for 45 minutes, rotating them throughout the cooking time.
- While the bratwurst is cooking, prepare a sheet of foil with olive oil or grapeseed oil cooking spray.
- Slice the bell peppers and onion and place on the sheet of foil.
- Wrap up the vegetables and place them on the grill alongside the bratwurst, these can cook for about 30-45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, up the temperature on the pellet grill to 375°F and continue cooking the bratwurst for 5-10 minutes to crisp up the outside of the bratwurst.
- Remove the vegetables and prepare a bun along with the bratwurst, then top with vegetables and condiments of your choice.