Make this tasty Ninja Foodi Salsa Chicken in minutes, perfect for tacos or nachos!
This Ninja Foodi Salsa Chicken is made similarly to Ninja Foodi Chicken Tacos only today, we are going to focus on the salsa chicken, which can be used on a variety of meals.
This recipe uses just a few quick ingredients and is ready in minutes. In our household, this is one of my go-to meals for a busy night when I just don’t have time to make dinner.
Sometimes you’ll have plenty too for leftovers to use throughout the week or freezer for later.
What do you need to make Ninja Foodi Salsa Chicken?
First, remember that this is a pressure cooker recipe so it can be made in the Instant Pot too.
This recipe uses chicken thighs or chicken breasts along with a jar of salsa and taco seasoning.
Any salsa can be used; however, we prefer to use Pace Picante Sauce when we make this, it’s a great chunky salsa with lots of flavors.
This is all that is needed to make the salsa chicken, other than any of the serving items you may want such as taco shells or tortilla chips.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Salsa Chicken:
This chicken takes 10-12 minutes once pressure builds up in your Ninja Foodi.
The times will vary depending on if you use chicken breast or chicken thighs. Either can be used, however, you will get the juiciest, tender chicken when using chicken thighs.
With either choice, use boneless and skinless breasts or thighs. We don’t want any bones in that chicken. It’s also best to move the chicken to another bowl and then shred it so that you do not scratch the pot of your Ninja Foodi, but again that is completely up to you.
This recipe is a wonderful must on your menu, a great one for taco night!
Ninja Foodi Salsa Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs (Cook time varies for each)
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning 1 Envelope
- 2 Cups Salsa or 16oz Jar of Salsa
- Taco Toppings & Shells Tortillas, Crispy Shells, Lettuce, Tomato, Sour Cream, Cheese, Etc
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Spray the pot of the Ninja Foodi with Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the pot.
- Evenly sprinkle the chicken with the taco seasoning.
- Pour the salsa evenly over the chicken.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid and be sure the nozzle is set to ‘seal.’
- If using chicken breast – cook on high manual pressure for 10 minutes.
- If using chicken thighs – cook on high manual pressure for 12 minutes.
- After cook time ends, naturally release (do nothing) for 5 minutes then, quick release the remaining pressure by moving the nozzle to ‘vent’.
- The internal temperature should be 165 degrees before serving.
- Once cook time is complete, carefully move the chicken to another bowl and shred the chicken.
- Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings.