Make the BEST Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in minutes with this simple recipe!
Baking cookies is just a great way to relieve stress, plus surprise the family too with some fresh baked cookies. This recipe uses the same method that is used for these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, only this time we will focus on oatmeal raisin.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are my son’s absolute favorite, so these vanish before my eyes every single time I make them. They have a great combination of cinnamon and sweet sugar.
What gluten free flour should you use for cookies?
These cookies are made with gluten-free all-purpose flour. If you do not need to make them gluten-free, just use regular all-purpose flour.
There are a variety of choices when choosing a gluten-free all-purpose flour and these days almost all of the all-purpose varieties would work well. I always use Better Batter, but you can use any that you prefer.
Just make sure that you are using a gluten-free all-purpose flour, otherwise this recipe will not work.
Tips for Making Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies:
Remember that you will also need to be sure to use gluten free old fashioned oats. It’s best to be sure they are certified gluten free when choosing oats to use.
Along with these, you would of course want to check the labels on all ingredients as sometimes the off brands of naturally gluten free products can be cross-contaminated.
These cookies will be placed on the cookie sheet in tablespoonfuls, as they bake or just prior to baking, I like to use a spatula and smash them down so that they are flatter. They do not spread much, so it’s best to do this to get a flatter cookie.
Although I do not soak my raisins before baking, it is another step you can do as well to get a more plump raisin, check out this article on soaking raisins before baking.
Are you ready for a treat? Let’s have a cookie break!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2 1/4 Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour or Regular All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats or Certified Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl or bowl from the stand mixer.
- Mix in the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in the raisins, oats, and cinnamon.
- Drop by the tablespoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. They can also be placed on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. They do not spread much, so press them down if you want a more flat cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies and move to wire rack to cool.
- Note: I found that the bake time needed to be increased just a bit using the gluten free flour from the original recipe, about 2-3 minutes longer.
- Makes about 3 Dozen