As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make the perfect Ninja Foodi Chicken Tacos, these can also be made in the slow cooker or crockpot too!
We all know by now that I love the Ninja Foodi, and making these Ninja Foodi Chicken Tacos is a great way to mix up taco night.
The first thing to note is that this is making the meat for the tacos, so you can actually use this chicken taco meat on nachos or burritos as well, it’s very versatile.
Do you have to use chicken breast for Ninja Foodi Chicken Tacos?
These chicken tacos can be made with chicken breast or chicken thighs. If you make these with chicken breast, the cooking time will be 10 minutes. If you make them with chicken thighs it will be 12 minutes.
These will be made with the pressure cooker lid using the pressure cooker function.
Can you make these with the slow cooker function or in the crockpot?
These chicken tacos can be made in the Ninja Foodi with the slow cooker function, set to 8 hours on low. If you do this you will need to use the glass lid or the pressure cooker lid with the nozzle set to ‘vent’.
They can also be made in a traditional slow cooker or crockpot cooked on low for 8 hours.
Plus, you can make these in the Instant Pot too…take your pick of the appliance.
There are a variety of ways to make these Chicken Tacos, which makes it a very versatile option for dinner.
Not only are these versatile but you only need THREE ingredients to make the chicken, then you will want to pick your favorite taco shells and toppings to serve them with.
This adds a new flavor to cooking chicken in a Ninja Foodi.
If you need a tip on easily shredded chicken, you can actually place the chicken in the pot of the stand mixer and use the paddle attachment to shred the chicken in seconds! I learned that trick years ago and it’s great!
What do you need for Ninja Foodi Chicken Tacos?
- 4 Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs (Boneless, Skinless)
- 1 16oz Jar of Salsa or 2 Cups Homemade Salsa
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning or 2 Tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning
That’s all you need to make these Ninja Foodi Chicken Tacos! If you prefer, you can use Homemade Salsa too. This is my personal favorite salsa to use, it’s delicious and easy to make.
If you enjoy this recipe you’ll love this Ninja Foodi Taco Pasta too.
Now, let’s get to eating these Ninja Foodi Chicken Tacos!
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs (Cook time varies for each)
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning (1 Envelope)
- 2 Cups Salsa or 16oz Jar of Salsa
- Taco Toppings & Shells (Tortillas, Crispy Shells, Lettuce, Tomato, Sour Cream, Cheese, Etc)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Spray the pot of the Ninja Foodi with Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the pot.
- Evenly sprinkle the chicken with the taco seasoning.
- Pour the salsa evenly over the chicken.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid and be sure the nozzle is set to 'seal.'
- If using chicken breast - cook on high manual pressure for 10 minutes.
- If using chicken thighs - cook on high manual pressure for 12 minutes.
- The internal temperature should be 165 degrees before serving.
- Once cook time is complete, carefully move the chicken to another bowl and shred the chicken.
- Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Adaptations - This can be made in the slow cooker or crockpot, cooked on low for 8 hours. If you use the Ninja Foodi, you can use the slow cooker function on low for 8 hours as well, be sure to use the appropriate lid if doing so.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 1550mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 35g