Make another great cake in your Ninja Foodi with this Ninja Foodi Cinnamon Pecan Cake!
This cake will use the STEAM BAKE function of your Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker. That means this only works with the multi-cooker, so be sure you have this function to make Ninja Foodi Pecan Cinnamon Cake.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Cinnamon Pecan Cake:
This recipe was tested using a Yellow Cake Mix, so keep in mind that altering the cake mix can alter the recipe. The internal temperature needs to be at least 210*F to be considered well done.
An 8-inch round pan will be used for this recipe. It can be greased, buttered, or lined with parchment. These methods will make it easier to release the cake.
A good tip is not to release it until you can handle the pan with your bare hands. If you do it when the cake is still warm it will not release in one piece.
Most importantly, be sure to add the water to the pot of the Ninja Foodi otherwise the Steam Bake option will not work. Unlike if you were to pressure cook, the position of the nozzle for Steam Bake does not matter, it can be on either VENT or SEAL.
This cake is going to have topping swirled in, be sure to swirl it correctly as indicated in the instructions, do not pour half the cake into the pan, top with the topping, and finish off with the cake. It will not bake properly if it is done this way.
Can you make this Gluten-Free?
This cake was tested with a Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix. It can be made gluten-free; however, it can affect cooking times when using a different mix.
That means it’s important to check the internal temperature of the cake with a food thermometer before being considered done.
Are you ready for some cake? Enjoy this Ninja Foodi Cinnamon Pecan Cake!
Ninja Foodi Cinnamon Pecan Cake
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix Use the box ingredient list, for instance I used a Betty Crocker Mix, so the eggs, water, and oil are the ingredients from the box. This would vary based on the box mix that you use.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Butter an 8-inch cake pan or use parchment to fit the pan. If using parchment, add the butter on top of the parchment. This will help release the cake.
- Pour 3 cups of water into the gray pot of the Ninja Foodi. Set this aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cake mix with the ingredients listed on the box, in the case of my cake mix, this is eggs, water, and oil. Mix this until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and set it aside.
- In a smaller bowl mix the brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and chopped pecans until well blended.
- Sprinkle these on the cake batter.
- Use a knife and swirl it throughout the dough. Be careful to not overmix, just swirl.
- Place the cake on the wire rack in the lowest position.
- Place it into the gray pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Use the setting STEAM CRISP then roll the dial to STEAM BAKE.
- Set the temperature to 280*F for 35 minutes (the valve does not matter if it's vent or seal).
- It will take about 20 minutes to build up steam and then 35 minutes to cook.
- Once the time is up, open the cover and be sure the internal temperature of the cake is at least 210*F.
- Take it out of the Ninja and place it on a cooling rack.
- With a thin sharp knife, release the cake from the edge of the pan.
- Let it cool in the pan for 3-4 minutes then take it out by flipping it over and let it cool completely on the rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.