Are you ready for a treat? Try this easy Ninja Foodi Cookies and Cream Cake using the Steam Bake setting of your multi-cooker!
This recipe uses the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker with the Steam Bake setting, be sure you have this machine and setting to make this recipe.
This cake is all made in your Ninja Foodi, for this recipe as mentioned we will be using the Steam Bake function, which is essentially using steam for baking the cake.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Cookies and Cream Cake:
This recipe was tested using the Pillsbury White Cake Mix, and every cake mix is different. Keep this in mind in case you use a different mix, your result may not be the same.
An 8-inch round pan will be used for this recipe. It can be greased, buttered, or lined with parchment. These methods will make it easier to release the cake.
A good tip is not to release it until you can handle the pan with your bare hands. If you do it when the cake is still warm it will not release in one piece.
It’s best to crush the Oreos into small pieces and use mini chocolate chips so that they are throughout the cake instead of all falling to the bottom. If you use full-size chocolate chips that tends to be the case.
Most importantly, be sure to add the water to the pot of the Ninja Foodi otherwise the Steam Bake option will not work. Unlike if you were to pressure cook, the position of the nozzle for Steam Bake does not matter, it can be on either VENT or SEAL.
Can you make this cake Gluten-Free?
This cake was tested with the regular Pillsbury White Cake Mix. They do have a gluten-free version; however, it may affect the cooking times.
It’s best to check the cake with a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, then it’s done!
Enjoy this tasty Ninja Foodi Cookies and Cream Cake and stay tuned for another cake using the Steam Bake function!
Ninja Foodi Cookies and Cream Cake
- 1 Box Pillsbury White Premium Cake Mix (15.25oz) The cake mix does make a difference, these recipe times are based on Pillsbury White Cake Mix.
- 14 Crushed Oreos Additional needed if you want to top the cake with them too.
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Water
- Using an 8-inch cake pan, either butter the bottom or use a piece of parchment paper that fits the cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, crushed Oreos, and mini chocolate chips. Mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients spread evenly throughout.
- Add in the eggs, oil, water, and vanilla. Continue to mix. If you use a stand mixer, be sure not to over mix.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into the pan.
- In the Ninja Foodi pot (gray pot), pour the 3 cups of water.
- Place the cake pan on the lowest level of the wire rack.
- Slowly and gently place the wire rack with the cake on it into the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Set the Ninja Foodi to STEAM CRISP, then turn the DIAL to STEAM BAKE.
- Set your cooking temperature to 280*F and time to 36 minutes. (Remember that going higher in temperature may cause the cake to crack.)
- At this point, the valve on top does not matter if it's on seal or vent.
- Close the lid and press START.
- It will take about 20-25 minutes to bring the temperature up, then the count down starts.
- Once the timer goes off, carefully open the lid, it will be steamy.
- Transfer the rack/cake pan to a cooling rack.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes to fully cool.
- Using a thin knife, loosen the side of the cake from the pan. Carefully flip the cake or invert it onto the cooling rack to fully cool.
- Once fully cooled, you can frost as you prefer. This one was done with buttercream and Oreos.