Get ready for fall with this delicious Ninja Foodi Pumpkin Spice Cake, easy to make in minutes in your multi-cooker with the SteamBake option!
Are you ready to make a tasty cake? Let’s start by making this Ninja Foodi Pumpkin Spice Cake. This cake will be made very similar to the Ninja Foodi Cookies and Cream Cake using the SteamBake function.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Pumpkin Spice Cake:
This cake is simple to make but remember it has been tested with a Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix.
It can be done with yellow cake mix, but if you use yellow cake mix you will also need to add additional Pumpkin Spice to the mix to give it the same flavor.
It’s important to note that this uses Pumpkin Puree, not the Pumpkin Pie Filling. If you use pumpkin pie filling it already has many seasonings and spices already in it, which may overdo it for the cake.
The cake can then be topped with cream cheese frosting and walnuts if you prefer. Cream Cheese Frosting pairs wonderfully with pumpkin spice.
This cake will be light and fluffy, the internal temperature needs to be about 200*F to be considered done.
It does harden up some during the cooling process.
Can you make this cake gluten-free?
This cake can be made gluten-free with a gluten-free yellow cake mix; however, remember that these cook times have been tested on a regular cake, so the cooking time may need to be adjusted or additional time added if not fully done.
Storage tips for Ninja Foodi Pumpkin Spice Cake:
Leftovers are easy to store on the counter for about 2 days in an airtight container or 3-4 days in the fridge.
I used a Wilton 8-inch Cake Pan to make this cake, which fits perfectly into the 14 in 1 XL Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker.
If you enjoy this then you will love this Ninja Foodi Pumpkin Bread too!
Ninja Foodi Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 1 Box Spiced Cake Mix (Duncan Hines)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Box Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4oz)
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (Note – Not Pumpkin Pie Filling)
- 3 Cups Water for Ninja Foodi Pot
- Frosting of Choice
- Using an 8-inch cake pan, place parchment paper on the bottom and then butter it, this will make it easier to release. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, water, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add in the pudding mix, pumpkin spice, and puree. Mix until all ingredients are combined but do not overmix. This means as soon as the dry ingredients are mixed in, stop there.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Using the wire rack, place the cake pan in the low position on the rack.
- Add 3 cups of water to the gray pot of the Ninja Foodi (the liner pot).
- Place the rack with the cake into the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Close the lid and set the Ninja Foodi on SteamCrisp, then select STEAM BAKE.
- Set the temperature to 280*F and the time to 29 minutes. It does not matter where the valve on top is set.
- Press START.
- When the timer goes off, leave it closed for 2 minutes.
- Take the rack out and let the pan cool off for a few minutes.
- Using a thin knife, release the cake on all sides, being careful because the pan will be hot.
- Let the cake cool off the pan for about 10-15 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Carefully flip the cake or lift it with the parchment paper to release.
- Let it fully cool and then frost the cake with your choice of frosting.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Meagan Trento says
Look so yummy! I love pumpkin anything.