Make fabulous Gluten-Free Breakfast Burritos in minutes, they can be made as a freezer recipe too!
Are you ready for a great grab-and-go breakfast? If so these Gluten-Free Breakfast Burritos are the perfect choice for the morning.
This recipe can even be turned into a freezer-friendly recipe because the burritos are easy to freeze and reheat for later too!
What gluten-free tortillas should you use?
This recipe can be made gluten-filled or gluten-free, the only thing to swap are the flour tortillas.
If you plan to make these gluten-free, these Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas from Mission work the absolute best for this recipe.
Gluten-Free Tortillas can also be done homemade as well using this recipe from Mama Knows Gluten Free.
Of course, if you do not need these to be made gluten-free, simply use a flour tortilla.
How do you freeze breakfast burritos?
Breakfast Burritos are easy to freeze, simply wrap each burrito in foil or parchment paper, then store them in a freezer safe ziploc bag.
These can be stored in the freezer for up to a month as long as they are properly sealed.
When ready to serve, simply remove the foil or parchment and heat them in the microwave on a microwave safe dish for about 2 minutes.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Breakfast Burritos:
It’s best to use a lean ground sausage, but if you have extra grease it can be drained before adding all the ingredients into the skillet.
If you prefer, you can also use Potatoes O’Brien or a frozen hash brown that already has the peppers in it too.
We prefer to use olive oil to cook the hash browns in but if you do not have any vegetable oil will work just as well.
These gluten-free breakfast burritos are the perfect grab-and-go option. If you like this recipe, you will love these Breakfast Bowls too!
Gluten-Free Breakfast Burritos
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Cubed Hash Browns
- 1 Lb Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion Finely Diced
- 1/4 Cup Green or Red Bell Peppers Finely Diced
- 8 Large Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas or Regular Flour Tortillas
- Serve with – Salsa Sour Cream, Cilantro, Green Onions, Etc.
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil.
- Cook the hash browns until golden brown and remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add sausage, onion, and peppers to the skillet and cook until no pink remains, drain if needed.
- Add hash browns back to the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs until lightly beaten.
- Pour into the skillet and cook until set, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 8-10 seconds in order to roll easier.
- Spoon filling onto bottom 1/3 of tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold sides and then the ends over and roll up as tightly as possible.
- Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.