Make Ninja Foodi Onion Soup Chicken and Vegetables in your Ninja or Air Fryer in less than 25 minutes!
This meal was so good, I’ll just start there. I adapted this recipe from my Ninja Foodi Chicken Legs and Vegetables, but this time instead of simple seasonings we are going to use Dry Onion Soup Mix.
What Onion Soup Mix should you use?
This recipe can easily be made with a package of Onion Soup Mix such as Lipton Onion Soup Mix, but if you need it to be gluten-free it’s also easy to make yourself.
Dry Onion Soup Mix can be made with what is in your spice rack, follow this recipe for Copycat Onion Soup Mix or you can use store-bought Onion Soup Mix.
If you use the homemade version, you would want to use about 3 Tbsp, which is just about what you would find in a packet of mix.
Can this recipe be made in the Air Fryer?
This recipe is made in the Ninja Foodi using the Air Crisp function, it can also be made in a standard air fryer following the same method.
The basket of the air fryer would have the vegetables on the bottom and the chicken legs would sit right on top of the vegetables.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Onion Soup Chicken and Vegetables:
This recipe takes about 25 minutes to fully cook. The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of at least 165*F.
If needed you can cook the additional chicken as well. I will many times cook 6 chicken legs, then once that is done I will remove the vegetables and cook more chicken as needed.
If the vegetables need additional cooking time, simply remove the chicken and mix up the vegetables then cook for an additional 5 minutes.
This is a simple, frugal meal that is full of flavor!
Ninja Foodi Onion Soup Chicken and Vegetables
- 6 Chicken Legs Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 Medium Russet Potatoes Diced
- 12 oz Frozen Green Beans
- 1 Packet Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix or 3 Tbsp of Homemade Onion Soup Mix
- Grapeseed Oil Cooking Spray
- Turn the Ninja Foodi on to Air Crisp for 5 minutes at 390 degrees while you slice the potatoes to get it preheated.
- Remember the pot is going to be hot, so wear mitts and be careful, in the pot of the Ninja Foodi spray it with Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
- Place the vegetables in the pot of the Ninja Foodi and add a coat of grapeseed oil spray over the vegetables.
- Insert the wire rack in the highest position on top of the vegetables, you will need to scoot around the vegetables and rack to get it fit correctly.
- Place the drumsticks on the rack.
- Coat the drumsticks with grapeseed oil spray, then carefully pour the onion soup mix over the chicken, and let some drip down to the bottom as well for the vegetables. Give it all another nice coat of grapeseed oil spray.
- Close the lid on the Ninja Foodi.
- Cook using the Air Crisp function at 390 degrees for 25 minutes, it’s best to rotate the chicken halfway through the cooking time.
- It's important to remember that each machine tends to heat a bit differently so here are variations if needed.
- The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. If it’s not to this point after 25 minutes, add an additional 5 minutes.
- If the vegetables need more cook time, after the chicken is done, remove the chicken, stir up the vegetables, coat with oil spray, and add an additional 5 minutes.