Get ready to make the perfect Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls that are also freezer friendly!
I have fallen in love with a certain frozen breakfast bowl that I randomly picked up at the store. It was a great combination of potatoes, egg whites, turkey sausage, and cheese. The only problem?
I really want to eat them each day or every other day, but so does my husband. This means we would easily be spending about $20-30 a week just on breakfast bowls.
I know that I tend to be super cheap in general but that’s just crazy town for breakfast.
So, I decided to make my own. Of course, I did, right?
These Make-Ahead Breakfast Bowls are easy to make earlier in the week and then if you plan to eat them right away just store them in the fridge.
If you want to keep them for a while, be sure to make them in freezer-safe storage and then freeze them until you are ready to serve.
It’s that simple!
What potatoes should you use for Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls?
I absolutely LOVE using Potatoes O’Brien for these bowls. Why? They already have the peppers and onions in them, so it’s no extra ingredients.
It makes this even more simple than it already is; however, this is totally up to you. I also think tater tots would work well too, but if you do that be sure to add peppers and onions too for flavor.
I also like to cook my potatoes in the air fryer too while I’m preparing the sausage and eggs.
What sausage should you use for breakfast bowls?
I like to use turkey sausage for these; however, you can use pork or turkey sausage. I like to do a ground sausage and typically breakfast sausage, which also has some extra spices and seasonings in it.
What eggs should you use for breakfast bowls?
I like to use egg whites in these only; however, in these particular bowls, I used whole eggs. This again is up to you; however, I do recommend they be scrambled.
How long can you keep Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls in the freezer?
As long as you use freezer-safe storage, these can easily be stored for up to 6 months. If you are ready to serve them, simply remove the cover and warm up for about 1-2 minutes.
The key here is to be sure it’s freezer-safe storage. Do not just put them in the freezer with a little bit of foil or something similar because it will get freezer burn and we don’t want that!
Now, are you ready to make some delicious Freezer-Friendly Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls?
It’s time to enjoy the Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls!
Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls
- 1 Pound Potatoes O’Brien
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey Sausage
- 12 Eggs Whole Eggs or Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare the potatoes as instructed on the package. If you do them in the air fryer, cook them for 20 minutes at 390 degrees.
- On medium-high heat, brown the turkey sausage and drain if needed.
- Once the sausage is done, set aside and clean the skillet.
- Turn the burner to medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray and add the eggs, whisking them to scramble until fully cooked.
- Prepare the bowls with cooked potatoes, sausage, and eggs. Top each bowl with a bit of shredded cheese.
- At that point put the lids on the containers and place in the fridge or freezer depending on when you plan to serve them.