Make a classic, simple soup with this Ninja Foodi Potato Soup, easy to make gluten-free and can also be made in the Instant Pot.
Do you love a good, warm soup? That’s how I feel about this Ninja Foodi Potato Soup, it’s a very basic potato soup, so you can really add your own spin on it.
This recipe can have diced ham added to it or bacon, really it’s up to you or you can enjoy it as is. We love to make it as is and mix in the crumbled bacon and cheese on top. It’s also wonderful paired with Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Potato Soup:
This recipe starts by cooking up the bacon in the pot to have it ready to crumble on top of the soup. If you want to shortcut this, use pre-cooked and crumbled bacon bits and you will not need to do this step.
I’ll typically cook a whole batch of bacon when I make this soup and save some for breakfast too.
This recipe can be made in the Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker and will use the pressure cooker and saute functions.
The slurry that will be made with the cornstarch is what will thicken the soup, it also is important to let the soup cool for about 5-10 minutes to thicken up as well.
It’s a great recipe to add to your list of Ninja Foodi Soup Recipes.
What can you add to potato soup to give it flavor?
The seasonings, broth, and garlic are really going to give this soup a boost of flavor. Then, the bacon being mixed at the end also adds flavor. If you prefer you can add in diced ham too.
This Ninja Foodi Potato Soup is made with real ingredients and it has a great warm flavor, perfect for a cold day!
Ninja Foodi Potato Soup (Gluten-Free)
- 6 Slices Bacon or Cooked & Crumbled Bacon
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 2 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme or 1 Tsp Dried
- 2 Pounds Russet Potatoes Peeled & Diced
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon Cooked, Chopped & Crumbled
- Chives or Green Onions
- Set Ninja Foodi to Saute setting.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy - if you are using pre-cooked bacon, skip this step.
- If cooking bacon, remove and set onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain. If you did not cook the bacon in the pot, add a little bit of olive oil in the pot before cooking the vegetables.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and seasoning to the pot then cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions and celery are softened.
- Add chicken broth to the pot and scrape down the sides and bottom to remove any bacon bits if needed.
- Turn off the Ninja Foodi.
- Stir in the cut potatoes.
- Place the pressure cooker lid on the Ninja Foodi and seal it, then cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, carefully quick release.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 2 tbsp of milk and cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Remove the lid from the pot and set the Ninja Foodi to saute.
- Pour in the remaining 1 cup of milk, cream, and the slurry.
- Whisk this in to combine and let it come to a boil for about 5 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Turn off the Ninja Foodi and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Add toppings and serve.