Make a comfort meal with delicious wholesome ingredients with this Gluten-Free Mexican Lasagna using corn tortillas!
For years we’ve enjoyed this Mexican Lasagna recipe, it’s layered with corn tortillas and then topped with delicious ingredients like ground beef, beans, onions, and diced chilies. Plus, it’s also covered with lots of cheese!
This recipe is a great one to feed a crowd as it feeds at least 8 and sometimes more!
Tips for Making Mexican Lasagna:
This is made with white corn tortillas, making it naturally gluten-free; however, always be sure to check all ingredients before using them.
The beef is going to be mixed with homemade taco seasoning or you can use store-bought gluten-free taco seasoning too.
Once the meat is cooked it will then be mixed with additional ingredients like beans and chilies. The meat mixture will be layered on top of the corn tortillas and then topped with shredded cheese.
A few layers of this and you have a wonderful lasagna.
In order to get that cheese nice and crispy on top, set it to broil on LOW for 3 minutes at the end of the cooking time.
Remember that when broiling, the oven will cook hot and fast, so watch it closely so that it is not overcooked. This will simply be browning the cheese lightly on top.
This meal is very mild, if you want it spicy, add red pepper to the taco seasoning.
What can you top Mexican Lasagna with?
Once the lasagna is done, we like to serve it with sour cream, black olives, tomatoes, and freshly chopped cilantro.
It can even be paired with homemade salsa too.
We pair ours with a side of sweet corn and call it a great comfort meal!
Gluten-Free Mexican Lasagna is a great classic twist on traditional lasagna and so easy to make in minutes with simple ingredients!
This pairs great with Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn!
- 18 White Corn Tortillas
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 15 oz Black Beans (Rinsed and Drained)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped White Onion
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 2 Cups Colby Jack Cheese
- Black Olives
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Once the ground beef is cooked add in the taco seasoning as instructed on the package or use 2 Tbsp of Homemade Taco Seasoning and 1/4 Cup Water, stir this into the ground beef until it's fully coated.
- Add the onion, beans, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes into the skillet along with the beef. Let this simmer and cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and place 6 white corn tortillas on the bottom.
- Top the tortillas with the meat mixture.
- Coat with 1 cup of cheese.
- Add another layer of tortillas (6 tortillas) and then again with the remaining meat.
- At this point add an additional layer of tortillas, the final 6 tortillas.
- Top evenly with the remaining cheese.
- Baked at 350*F for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, if you want the cheese crispy on top, set it to broil on LOW for 3 minutes. Watch this closely.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.