Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts are made with high-quality ingredients but also pantry staples. They are a rich, moist, chocolatey taste with a cake-like texture!
Baked Chocolate Donuts are a great alternative to traditional Fried Donuts, these are also simple to make right at home with a Donut Pan. These can also be topped with your favorite sprinkles and icing.
Do baked donuts taste like fried donuts?
Baked Donuts do not taste like Fried Donuts, they will have a cake-like texture.
They will have fewer calories than the fried donuts, but remember the taste and texture are different.
How do you make these Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts?
Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts are easy to make with Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour.
We use Better Batter All-Purpose Flour, but King Arthur and Cup 4 Cup also work. Any gluten-free all-purpose flour will work as long as it’s a 1:1 even swap of traditional flour.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts:
Be sure to let the donuts fully cool before topping them with sprinkles and icing.
We’ve found the best way to add the batter to the donut pan is by piping it in or you can also use a Ziploc bag and cut the end off.
DO NOT use a piping tip because the chocolate chips will get stuck. Simply add the batter to the bag and cut the end off the bag and then pipe it right into the donut pan.
Once they have fully baked and cooled, then add icing and sprinkles.
They can also be sprinkled with powdered sugar instead of icing or sprinkles too.
How long can you store Baked Donuts?
Baked Donuts can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days or in the fridge for up to a week.
Enjoy these donuts and be sure to pair them with some tasty Air Fryer Sausage too!
Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Milk or Regular Milk
- Chocolate Icing
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Oil a donut pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix until the chocolate chips are well coated with the dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the egg and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add the sour cream and melted butter, and continue mixing.
- Add in the flour mixture alternating with the milk to the egg mixture.
- Continue mixing until all the ingredients are incorporated and you have no dry flour left. Do not over-mix.
- Fill the donut pan about 3/4 full each. This can be done with a spoon or a piping bag. The piping bag works the best, but you want to do this without a tip on the end because of the chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until when a toothpick is inserted in the donuts, it comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool for 2-3 minutes in the pan.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on a cooling rack before adding toppings.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!