This recipe comes from my Aunt Toni. She has sent me several great recipes in the past and this one is sure to please the family as well. I enjoy stir fry style recipes so this was sure to be a favorite for me.
Utilizing all the fresh produce from either your garden or the local farmer’s market is a great addition to this flavorful meal. I also like to add low sodium soy sauce as oppose to salt and pepper.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Toni’s Beef and Peppers
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil I used olive oil
- 1 1/4 Lbs Beef Round or Sirloin Steak
- 1 Clove of Crushed Garlic
- 1 Grilled Vidalia Onion You can substitute for white onion or onion powder
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 10.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooked Rice
- Begin by slicing the steak into 1 inch cubes. Next, slice the onion and seed and slice the peppers. I prefer to have my veggies all cut into nice strips.
- Prepare the rice as instructed on the box.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the steak and brown on all sides. Then, add in the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Next add in the onion, peppers, and broth. This will need to simmer for 20 minutes. Lastly, combine the water and cornstarch stirring into the broth.
- Continue cooking until the gravy is thick and shiny.
- Add the salt and pepper for added flavor or if you are like me a little soy sauce.
- Serve over hot rice.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Sounds yummy and easy too! I love your recipes! Oh and your aunts too! LOL
Susan Sunde says
Kristie, how many servings does this make?
Mommy Hates Cooking says
It has made 4-6 for us.