This recipe comes from my Aunt Toni. She has sent me several great recipes in the past and this one is sure to please the family as well. I enjoy stir fry style recipes so this was sure to be a favorite for me.
Utilizing all the fresh produce from either your garden or the local farmer’s market is a great addition to this flavorful meal. I also like to add low sodium soy sauce as oppose to salt and pepper.
Toni’s Beef and Peppers
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil I used olive oil
- 1 1/4 Lbs Beef Round or Sirloin Steak
- 1 Clove of Crushed Garlic
- 1 Grilled Vidalia Onion You can substitute for white onion or onion powder
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 10.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooked Rice
- Begin by slicing the steak into 1 inch cubes. Next, slice the onion and seed and slice the peppers. I prefer to have my veggies all cut into nice strips.
- Prepare the rice as instructed on the box.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the steak and brown on all sides. Then, add in the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Next add in the onion, peppers, and broth. This will need to simmer for 20 minutes. Lastly, combine the water and cornstarch stirring into the broth.
- Continue cooking until the gravy is thick and shiny.
- Add the salt and pepper for added flavor or if you are like me a little soy sauce.
- Serve over hot rice.