As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready to make delicious Air Fried Eggplant plus it’s gluten-free too!
One thing I absolutely LOVE about the summer months is all that fresh produce, which includes eggplant too.
Eggplant is one of those vegetables that really needs to be cooked in my opinion to fully enjoy it. One thing we love to do is this Eggplant Lasagna.
If I simply want something quick and easy to snack on then Air Fryer Eggplant is my go-to recipe. It’s easy to make gluten-free too if that is a need.
It is for us, but if it isn’t for you just use regular flour and breadcrumbs.
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fried Eggplant?
When is Eggplant in season?
Eggplant is actually available year round but it peaks from late summer into the fall. It’s also a great choice to plant in your garden too. I have to say fresh eggplant is by far the best!
How to Make Air Fried Eggplant
I’d actually probably call this Air Fried Eggplant Parmesan; however, I decided to skip the chunks of Mozzarella Cheese that I tend to use often with eggplant. This time I stuck to basics simply to make these more of a ‘chip’ style snack.
My taste testers also known as all of my family members thought these were deep fried, but not around here…it’s the air fryer!
Not sure about an Air Fryer? Check out this post on Everything You Need to Know about An Air Fryer too!
The key to making air fried eggplant is to cut the eggplant at about a 1/8 inch thick, thin but not too thin it will shrink down a bit in size while being cooked.
Then, it’s simply dipping it in flour, eggs, and a parmesan plus breadcrumb mixture. That mixture gives it the flavor, but also a little added salt is nice for the flavor too.
We like to dip ours in some marinara sauce for a great treat.
This makes for a great appetizer too before having an Air Fryer Personal Pan Pizza!
What do you need for Air Fried Eggplant?
- Flour or Gluten-Free Flour
- Breadcrumbs or Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Now, are you ready for a delicious snack today?
If you love this Air Fried Eggplant, be sure to check out this butternut squash recipe too!
Be sure to sign up for the Newsletter to get Air Fryer Recipes right to your inbox!
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs or Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Thinly slice the eggplant, about 1/8"-inch slices and set aside.
- Add the flour to a small bowl.
- In a small bowl, crack the eggs and whisk or beat them well to combine.
- Lastly, mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasoning in a third bowl.
- Dip each eggplant slice in flour mixture, shake off the excess.
- Dip it into the eggs again shaking off any excess and coat it in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place a sheet of foil in the air fryer basket with a coat of olive oil spray. Be sure it's rolled up on the side to allow the air to circulate.
- Place the eggplant in the air fryer. I was able to do 4 at a time with this method, it will vary depending on size.
- Add another coat of spray on top of the eggplant.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the eggplant and coat with olive oil spray.
- Then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
This may take a few batches to complete all of the eggplant. It will vary depending on the size of the eggplant you use, but one eggplant will typically make 12-16 slices. Remember that all air fryers heat differently, which is why it's important to check it halfway through the cook time.
Using foil is optional, we use it to have easier clean up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g