Make the BEST Grilled Apple Crisp on your Pellet Grill, Charcoal, or Gas Grill!
As we get closer to fall, apples end up on your weekly menu in various forms. One of our favorite desserts to use them with is this Grilled Apple Crisp.
This can also be made as Ninja Foodi Apple Crisp if you prefer to skip the grill.
Other variations can be made too like this Grilled Blueberry Crisp.
Tips for Making Grilled Apple Crisp:
This recipe needs to be cooked in a cast-iron skillet or a pan that can endure high heat such as the grill.
My favorite skillet to use is this Lodge Cast Iron Skillet.
Here is a great article on picking out a skillet and the size you should get.
Next up, let’s discuss the apples. I usually use Honeycrisp apples; however, you really can use any that you prefer just remember the tartness may vary depending on the type of apple that you use.
Sometimes I leave the skin on the apple and sometimes I do not, that’s also totally up to you. I have started peeling them more now that I got this Apple Peeler.
This may be one of my favorite purchases lately, it peels, slices, and cores the apple all in one! It’s like magic, and I love it. We use it to make applesauce as well.
Once you have your crisp prepared, it’s time to cook it on the pellet grill. Any pellets can be used for this, we typically use a variety of pellets.
It will take about an hour to cook up, if you notice that any of it is floury on top, just give it a light spray of coconut oil spray or olive oil spray and it will crisp right up.
We always serve ours with Vanilla Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream and there is never a drop left! It’s a pretty regular dessert at any cookout we have or just when we are feeling the need for a dessert.
I love that I can easily grill and then put this on while we eat our main meal, then it’s all ready to go when you’re done with dinner.
Be sure to add this Grilled Apple Crisp to your list of Pellet Grill Recipes!
Grilled Apple Crisp
- 4 Pounds Honeycrisp Apples (Thinly Sliced and Peeled)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- Vanilla Ice Cream Optional
- Preheat the pellet grill and add pellets per the grill instructions to 350*F.
- Using a cast-iron skillet, add the apples into the skillet. (This will work in a 10 or 12in cast-iron skillet.)
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Evenly pour over the apples.
- Pour water over the apples and the sugar mixture.
- In another small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix in the softened butter until it becomes a crumb mixture.
- Evenly add this over the apples and sugar mixture.
- Place the skillet onto the warm grill and cook at 350*F for 45-60 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Carefully remove and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!