Make a warm pot of Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Beef Stew, simple to make gluten-free!
As the days grow colder and cozier, there’s nothing quite like a steaming bowl of slow-cooker beef stew to warm your soul, even better when it’s gluten-free too.
This beef stew is hearty, flavorful, and incredibly easy to make.
How do you thicken beef stew without flour?
This recipe will use cornstarch instead of flour to thicken it, making it naturally gluten-free too.
Does stew meat get more tender the longer it is cooked?
The long and slow cooking process makes this stew meat extra tender and will melt in your mouth!
What beef stew seasoning is gluten-free?
This beef stew recipe will use a beef bouillon cube along with a few other pantry seasonings to season the stew.
If you prefer to use a packet of seasoning, this McCormick Beef Stew Mix is gluten-free. If this is used, then you would eliminate the seasoning and spices in this recipe and swap it with the packet.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Beef Stew:
This beef stew is made with simple, pantry-style ingredients all in the slow cooker.
All the ingredients can be added directly to the pot of the slow cooker and then cooked on low for 8 hours.
The cornstarch and water will be added at the end of the cooking time in order to thicken up the stew.
The potatoes can be made with Russet Potatoes, which is what we prefer but Yukon Gold Potatoes will work too.
What should you serve the stew with?
This stew is ALWAYS served with Homemade Cornbread in our home. It’s by far the best comfort meal.
Can this be made in the Ninja Foodi?
This can be made in the Ninja Foodi using the slow cooker setting OR it can be made with the pressure cooker setting.
If you use the pressure cooker setting, follow this recipe for Ninja Foodi Beef Stew.
Do you know what the best part about this stew is? It practically cooks itself while you go about your day.
So, dust off your slow cooker, gather your ingredients, and let the wonderful aroma of this gluten-free slow cooker beef stew fill your home!
Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 1 1/2-2 Pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup White Onion Diced
- 3 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed or 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Russet Potatoes Sliced & Diced (about 2 Cups)
- 2 Carrots Diced
- 2 Celery Stalks Diced
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Optional – Use a medium-size skillet and add a bit of oil to it and then sear the stew meat on all sides before adding to the slow cooker. This is a personal preference, I do not do this. If you do not, just move to the next instruction.
- Season the stew meat with salt and pepper then place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add in the broth, bay leaf, paprika, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, potatoes, carrots, celery, and bouillon cube.
- Cover and set to LOW for 8 hours.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water to dissolve the cornstarch, then whisk this mixture into the stew.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes with the lid on and warm to get it thickened.