Get ready for fall with Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes, that can also be made gluten free!
Normally this would be another week of Decades of Desserts! This week though, I’m switching gears momentarily to share these pancakes. Why?
Because I honestly baked so much last week that I did not even get a chance to make it to my Decades of Desserts recipe! No worries though, I’ll be sharing it next week but first…pancakes!
After I made the Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes, I decided that recipe would be a staple in our household as far as pancakes go! It was truly the first one that I really loved!
A few things I love about that recipe is that my batter didn’t spread when I put it on the griddle so it was very easy to make sand dollar size pancakes. I find those to be the best option for my family and particularly my son.
How do you make Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes?
Being that I love pumpkin, I decided to make these Fluffy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes! Let me start by saying pumpkin is not sweet, so do not expect them to be really sweet.
I add the pumpkin spice to them to boost the flavor plus topping them with syrup or caramel will give them the right balance of sweetness.
My son actually loved these with no syrup! It was a great kid friendly food for him as he could just hold it and eat it. I also made a few bite size pieces for my finger food eating baby!
She also loved them. I did find that I needed to cook these just a bit longer than normal to be sure the inside was not mushy.
Now, I need some more of these now! They are the perfect treat for fall.
I also made these gluten free using gluten free all purpose flour, I use Better Batter for all of my gluten free flour switches!
Have you had your pumpkin fix yet today? Pair these with an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte and you will be in fall heaven.
Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder or Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Pureed Pumpkin Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Warm Syrup or Caramel Topping
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl except for the toppings. Let batter sit for about 30 minutes for fluffier pancakes.
- While the batter is sitting about 10 minutes before you are ready to cook begin to heat the griddle or skillet to medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Spoon out the batter into about sand dollar size and let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done. This typically just takes 2-3 minutes; however, I went about 5 minutes or more to be sure the inside is fully cooked. The pumpkin sometimes takes a bit longer to cook the middle.
- It should release fairly easily from the griddle and you can be sure that the bottom is browned.
- Continue until all pancake batter is used.
- Top them with a dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice or Cinnamon along with warm syrup or caramel!