Make a fabulous dessert with this Gluten-Free Fruit Pizza!
One of my all-time favorite desserts is Fruit Pizza, it’s even better when it can be made as a Gluten-Free Fruit Pizza!
This is a very simple recipe that uses these Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies as the base of the crust of the Fruit Pizza. Once the sugar cookie is baked, it’s nothing more than adding Cool Whip or Whipped Topping and your favorite sliced fruit.
This is one of those fabulous desserts to take to summer parties and get together, plus it’s loved by all.
What flour should you use for Gluten-Free Fruit Pizza?
It can be any 1:1 flour of your choice that you prefer, but it must be an even swap with regular flour to work.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Fruit Pizza:
Once you have the dough made, you will then shape it to fit the pan you are using. This can be made round as I have made it round, but really a sheet pan is the easiest way to make it.
If you do it in a rectangle sheet pan, you will end up being able to slice it into more bite-size pieces and get more servings out of it than you would in a circular sheet pan.
It will roll out to fit about a 12-inch pizza pan or a quarter-size (9×13) sheet pan.
I use Cool Whip to frost this; however, you can use any whipped topping along with your favorite fruit.
Remember that it is EXTRA important that the cookie be fully cooled, cold even before frosting. I like to put ours in the fridge for about an hour or so before frosting it. It’s best to frost just before serving.
If you are going to be frosting it early, then put it back in the fridge to keep it cold before you serve it.
If you are fancy, feel free to make a fun fruit design on the pizza or if you are like me, just top it with the fruit and let it just speak for itself! It’ll look pretty either way.
This Gluten-Free Fruit Pizza is a wonderful dessert.
If you enjoy this one, you will love this Gluten-Free Cherry Dump Cake too!
Gluten-Free Fruit Pizza
Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 12 oz Cool Whip or Whipped Topping
- Sliced Fruit of Choice (Blueberries, Kiwi, Pineapple, Strawberries, Etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Begin by creaming togeter the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a stand mixer or large mixing bowl with a handheld mixer.
- Add in the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Carefully whisk in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix this for 1-2 minutes until the dough fully forms.
- Carefully remove dough to a floured surface if needed and roll out into the shape of the fruit pizza that you would like. This will not rise much so make the dough about 1/4in thick. This can be done on a round baking or pizza sheet or a sheet pan.
- Add parchment to the baking sheet and place the rolled out dough on top of the parchment.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the dough is lightly browned on top.
- Carefully remove and let fully cool on the parchment paper. This can also be set into the fridge for 1-2 hours to chill. The cookie needs to be nearly cold before frosting.
- Once the cookie is fully cooled or cold, place it on the serving tray you plan to serve it from then frost it with the Cool Whip or Whipped Topping and add the sliced fruit as you prefer.
- Slice and Serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.