A great dessert can be made with this Classic Cherry Dump Cake, easy to make gluten-free too!
If you are new to baking, dump cake is one of the easiest dessert recipes and honestly it’s one of the best too! This is a classic cherry dump cake that is great to take for a potluck or just serve for dessert for the family.
I love easy desserts that the imperfection is actually what makes them so great, that’s what really draws me to this dump cake. I’m not a cake decorator, so having a wonderful dessert that doesn’t have to be perfect…I’m in!
How do you make Gluten-Free Cherry Dump Cake?
If you need this to be gluten-free, the only switch you will need to make is to use a gluten-free yellow cake mix. It’s a very simple swap that will yield you a wonderful gluten-free cherry dump cake.
Do you use fresh cherries?
Cherry Dump Cake is made with canned cherry pie filling, not fresh cherries. That means you can get creative and use different flavors of pie filling to make different dump cakes too.
If you prefer homemade pie filling, be sure to check out this recipe for Homemade Cherry Pie Filling.
A few other tasty flavors are peach and blueberry.
How long does it last?
Assuming it doesn’t make it past your evening serving it, it can be stored for several days in the fridge in an airtight container. If you want to save it even longer, you can freeze it for 1-2 months in freezer-safe storage.
If you freeze the cake, simply let it thaw out before serving.
What should you serve Cherry Dump Cake with?
This cake is wonderful served with whipped cream, it can also be served with vanilla ice cream.
If you like this, you will enjoy this Strawberry Angel Fluff too.
Now, let’s start baking!
Classic Cherry Dump Cake (Gluten-Free)
- 2 Cans 21oz Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Can 20oz Crushed Pineapple Not Drained
- 1 Box 15.25oz Yellow or White Cake Mix or Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Lightly spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump the cherry pie filling into the dish.
- Add the pineapple and stir it together.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the fruit in the dish.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Drizzle the butter over the cake mix until most of the cake is covered.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350*F for 45-50 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the cake is browned.
- Remove from the oven to the cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.