Make the PERFECT appetizer or an easy dinner with Ninja Foodi Chicken Bacon Sliders, made in the Ninja Foodi or ANY Air Fryer!
Get ready for a great game day appetizer this weekend with these Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders that are toasted to perfection in your Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer!
This recipe is going to use a creamy ranch, cooked chicken, crispy bacon, Provolone cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese topped on delicious Hawaiian Rolls. After a few minutes of toasting in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi, you will have the perfect appetizer or lunch.
These sandwiches use simple ingredients and are perfect for a small-batch recipe.
What type of chicken should you use?
This recipe is going to use cooked ingredients including cooked chicken.
The main point to remember is that it uses cooked chicken, so make sure the chicken is cooked and shredded.
What type of cheese should you use?
Provolone cheese is used as the base of the recipe, then it will be sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese.
It’s best to use a block of cheddar cheese and grate it at home so that it properly melts during the cooking time. The pre-shredded cheese does not melt the same way a block of cheese will.
Other options are to use Colby Jack or Smoked Gouda instead of Shredded Cheddar.
Monterey Jack or Mozzarella Cheese is a good switch for Provolone. These cheeses will all give a hint of smokey flavor and spicy flavor to enhance the sandwiches.
Variations of Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders:
There are a variety of different ways to prepare these sandwiches, choose what works best for your family!
- Spicy – To make it spicy use spicy cheese and spicy ranch.
- Kid-Friendly – Instead of Provolone use American Cheese.
- Deluxe – Add some green onions and spinach inside the sliders too, maybe even tomato.
Tips for Making Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders:
This recipe will use a package of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, available at your local grocery store. The Hawaiian Rolls should be kept together but cut in half to create the little sandwiches.
Along with this, a cake pan is needed that fits your Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi. An 8-inch cake pan works well for the Ninja Foodi.
The cake pan will need to be greased or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
The sandwiches will be prepared by coating each half of the sandwiches with ranch dressing, use homemade ranch if you prefer. Once the ranch is on the sandwiches, it’s time to add the slices of cheese.
After the cheese, add the shredded chicken and then top with crumbled bacon and shredded sharp cheddar cheese or shredded mild cheddar cheese.
Once this is done, place the top of the rolls on and then secure it with a toothpick. Do not push the rolls down or this will ruin the bottom of the sandwiches. It’s best to use toothpicks.
Once in place, the air crisper function of the Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer will be used to toast and cook them, allowing the cheese to melt and the sandwiches to be warm.
After a few minutes of cooking the butter mixture will be added to the tops of the rolls.
We found it was best to use the inner pot of the Ninja Foodi without the wire rack, with the wire rack they tend to cook too quickly on top.
Once they are done, you can cut apart the slider bun or pull it apart to serve.
The complete ingredients will be in the recipe card below.
How do you store Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders?
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders are best served fresh as they can get soggy when stored. If you do need to sre them, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
When you are ready to reheat, they can be reheated in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes at 330 degrees F or in the microwave on a microwave-safe plate for 30 seconds – 1 minute.
More Slider Recipes:
Both of these shredded chicken recipes work well for sliders.
If you prefer to make a different variation try these Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Sliders.
This is such a great way to make a hot sandwich that the whole family will love. Enjoy this easy recipe!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- 1/4 Cup Melted Salted Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 9 Hawaiian Rolls
- 1/3 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 4 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded and Cooked Chicken
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Bacon (5-6 Strips)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Mix butter, garlic powder, and parsley in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grease or butter an 8-inch cake pan. Make sure it fits in your Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi.
- Leave the Hawaiian Rolls connected and cut them in half to make a sandwich.
- Spread the Ranch dressing on the inside of both sides of Hawaiian Rolls.
- Place the bottom part of the Hawaiian Rolls in the prepared cake pan.
- Add the provolone cheese, then the chicken, and top with bacon.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the layer of bacon.
- Place the other halves of the Hawaiian Rolls on top.
- Do not push down on the top, use a toothpick to secure the top in place.
- Place the filled pan in the air fryer or pot of the Ninja Foodi. (Do not use the rack.)
- Cook at 325°F for 4 minutes.
- Brush the butter mixture on top of the sliders.
- Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown.