Learn how to make Homemade Ranch Dressing in minutes with ingredients right in your fridge and pantry!
One of the go-to dressings in our home is this Homemade Ranch Dressing. This dressing is a must for just about any dinner in our household. What is it about kids with ranch?
Mine just absolutely love it…with everything!
One of the best things about it is that you can easily make ranch dressing right at home with ingredients found in your fridge and pantry.
This particular recipe will combine a variety of ingredients from the pantry and the fridge, but most of them are likely on hand already.
How do you make homemade ranch dressing?
Homemade Ranch Dressing combines ingredients such as Mayonnaise, Sour Cream, Lemon Juice, Fresh Dill, Fresh Chives, Fresh Parsley, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder.
Once you have these ingredients combined, you will slowly add in buttermilk until you reach the desired consistency that you prefer. Start with 1/4 cup, then slowly add in additional until it reaches the correct consistency that you prefer.
The ranch dressing gets its delicious flavor from this cream-based combination and then you add in the fresh herbs and seasonings. These can be added in as dry seasonings, see the recipe card for the amounts.
During the summer months, we usually always have fresh herbs on hand, which really give such a great flavor to this ranch dressing.
Can you substitute buttermilk?
Buttermilk can be substituted with regular milk and vinegar, find out how to substitute buttermilk in this post.
This is very easy to substitute; however, I do think the creamy buttermilk is the best.
Recipes to pair with Homemade Ranch Dressing:
A variety of recipes can be paired with Homemade Ranch Dressing, we prefer these recipes below along with any vegetables.
Enjoy this easy Homemade Ranch Dressing!
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Minced Fresh Dill 1/2 Tsp Dried
- 2 Tsp Minced Fresh Chives 1/2 Tsp Dried
- 2 Tsp Minced Fresh Parsley 1 Tsp Dried
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Buttermilk or Milk as needed
- Chop herbs finely to mince if not already done.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayo and sour cream.
- Add in squeezed lemon juice, herbs, and seasonings.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Slowly add in the milk, starting with 1/4 cup, and stir until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid and store in the fridge.