As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make the best Gluten-Free Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders in just 12 minutes with simple ingredients!
This post is written in partnership with PERDUE® Farms, all thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own.
It’s no secret that I love my air fryer and it’s just made even better when you get the right chicken to cook in the air fryer. Have you ever cooked chicken in the air fryer?
I think it’s one of the most common foods to use in the air fryer, immediately many people think of chicken wings; however, I have found that chicken tenders and chicken nuggets are just as tasty!
This month, I decided to use PERDUE ® Harvestland ® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins to make Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders.
I have to share with you too because I think this is just such a great product, Perdue Farms is now offering direct-to-consumer boxes. This means you can purchase bundle boxes that are shipped right to your doorstep. We had so much fun opening up our “Family Bundle” to see what all was inside.
Find out what was in my Perdue Farms Family Bundle!
It actually starts TODAY so be sure to head to Perdue Farms website to find out how you can purchase yours too.
What was in the medium-sized family bundle?
- COLEMAN NATURAL® Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon
- PERDUE ® Panko Breaded Dino Nuggets
- PERDUE ® Harvestland ® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins, Individually Wrapped
- Niman Ranch Uncured Bacon Wrapped With Rosemary Pork Chop
- Niman Ranch Uncured Pork Breakfast Sausage
I have to say that the food inside is absolutely wonderful, I have been highly impressed with the quality.
Do you want this EXACT same bundle? Check it out here!
Each of these products that came inside contains no antibiotics ever and is all hormone-free as well, making them a great choice for the family. I particularly loved the size of the chicken breast tenderloins, they came in a box with 15-20 which was perfect for a family of 4-6, making them great for this recipe too!
Does Perdue Farms only sell chicken?
I’ll admit, I sure thought so but they actually have a FULL line of protein brands covering all the different types of proteins you could want!
They are actually the #1 supplier of U.S. Organic Chicken but they are also a leader in a variety of other proteins too, plus they are Non-GMO too. They are on their way to being the most trusted name in premium proteins and I have to say that with this box on my doorstep full of great products, they are heading there quick!
Be sure to grab your bundle today! Simply click here and you can head over to read more about the different bundles.
I feel good supporting a company that has been in business nearly 100 years working with small family farmers that raise their animals with care and dedication.
Now, are you ready for this tasty chicken? Here are some things to keep in mind when making air fryer chicken.
Can you stack chicken in the air fryer?
No, do not stack chicken in the air fryer. It will not fully cook this way and the breading would stick or fall off. It’s best to lay the chicken out in an even row so that it can cook on both sides evenly.
Can you cook frozen chicken in the air fryer?
I don’t recommend cooking frozen chicken in the air fryer, it does need to be defrosted first. If you have a pressure cooker or Ninja Foodi, you can likely pressure cook it to defrost it fast, then move on to the air fryer function.
How long do you need to marinate Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders?
I would suggest preparing the chicken the night before you plan to serve them or the morning of and letting them marinate throughout the day or overnight. This really allows the flavor to soak in and helps create juicy chicken tenders.
What do you use to make these gluten-free?
These chicken tenders are easy to make gluten-free by switching out the flour. I use Better Batter Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour to make mine; however, you can use your favorite gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Tips for making Gluten-Free Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders:
Keep the olive oil spray handy while making this recipe, it’s best to really coat these well to get the flour coating nice and browned without that powdery residue. These need to be turned over halfway through the cooking time and it can vary from each air fryer.
We cook these for 12 minutes at 390 degrees or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees with a quick read thermometer.
Now, it’s time to purchase your family bundle and make these fabulous Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders.
Now, head over for your family bundle now, head to Perdue Farms to learn more.
- 15-20 PERDUE ® Harvestland ® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins, Individually Wrapped
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Olive Oil Spray
- In a Ziploc bag, combine the milk, pickle juice, and egg. Depending on the amount of chicken use, 2 bags may be needed. Each bag typically will fit 8-10.
- Place the chicken inside the bag and seal it up, lay it flat to be sure the chicken is covered and place it in a pan in case it leaks.
- Let this sit in the fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Once you are ready to cook the chicken, combine the flour, salt, paprika, and ground pepper in another Ziploc Bag.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade, letting the excess marinade drip off it and then place it inside the bag with the flour mixture.
- Seal and shake the bag so that all the chicken is well coated with the mixture.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the bag, shaking off the excess flour and place in the basket of your air fryer.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Carefully turn the chicken and coat with additional spray and cook an additional 6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Repeat this process if needed for additional chicken and serve.
- Note - to get that golden look, coat again with olive oil spray before serving.
Cook times do vary depending on the air fryer because sometimes they put off a different amount of heat. The internal temperature must be at least 165 degrees to be well done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 154mg Sodium: 405mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 54g