Make this EASY Crockpot Crack Chicken that can be done gluten-free too, plus it can be made in the Ninja Foodi!
This Crockpot Crack Chicken is a go-to for a quick and easy meal, plus it can be made in the Ninja Foodi too.
I believe this recipe became very popular many years ago with a cheesy combination of ranch and bacon. Let’s face it though, dinner doesn’t get much better than that!
How do you make Crack Chicken in the Ninja Foodi?
This recipe can be made in the Ninja Foodi using the slow cooker setting. If you make it in the Ninja Foodi, be sure to either use the glass lid or use the pressure cooker lid setting the nozzle to ‘vent’.
It would then be made as written in the recipe card simply using the slow cooker function.
How do you make this gluten-free?
This recipe is easily made gluten-free but using a gluten-free bun or bread to serve it with. This is the only swap you would need as the other ingredients are naturally gluten-free.
As always though, be sure to check all ingredients before using.
Tips for Making Crockpot Crack Chicken:
Chicken breast is what we used for this particular recipe, it can be placed in the crockpot raw.
It will then be nice and cooked before adding in the remaining ingredients. This recipe can be cooked on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165*F to be considered fully cooked.
This recipe can also be served over lettuce or salad instead of using rolls as low-carb meal too.
We find it’s a great go-to item for a day swimming or having friends over. It’s easy to throw in the crockpot and a crowd pleaser served with chips for friends and family later.
Enjoy this delicious Crockpot Crack Chicken.
Crockpot Crack Chicken
- 3 Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Packets 1 Oz Each Dry Ranch Seasoning
- 2 Blocks 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Serve – Regular or Gluten-Free Buns Green Onions
- Clean and trim chicken and lay in a single layer in the crockpot or the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken.
- Sprinkle with ranch seasonings.
- Cut cream cheese into chunks and lay on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours, if you are using a Ninja Foodi, use the slow cooker function. Either use a glass lid or the pressure cooker lid leaving the nozzle to ‘vent’.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred using two forks or a hand mixer. This can also be done in a stand mixer.
- Return the chicken to the crockpot and stir in the bacon.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly and cover until cheese is melted.
- Serve with buns and garnish with green onions.
- Store in the fridge.