This recipe for Ninja Foodi Tri Tip may end up being one of your new favorites!
This recipe is easy to make right in your Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer!
I was beyond impressed with how tender and delicious this tri tip came out of the Ninja Foodi, plus it was ready in mere minutes.
What is a Tri Tip?
This is a cut of beef from the bottom sirloin and it’s full of flavor. It’s also a lean cut of meat too, it is very tender and easy to chew.
It is actually called a Tri Tip because of its triangle shape and it does very well cooked at high-heat. This makes it a great option for the Ninja Foodi or the Air Fryer.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Tri Tip:
It’s best to season the tri tip about 15 minutes before cooking to let it rest for a bit before adding it into the Ninja Foodi.
It will then be cooked using the air crisp function of the Ninja Foodi or your Air Fryer for 15 minutes at 400*F. It is important to rotate the steak about halfway through the cooking time as well.
The Tri Tip can be cut to fit in the basket of the Ninja Foodi or the air fryer that you are using.
The temperature to reach is right around 145*F, this produces a medium-well steak, if you want it more rare then you would need to adjust the cook times.
Once it comes out of the air fryer, let it rest for a few minutes, then you will cut it against the grain with a sharp knife.
It should easily cut against the grain and be very tender.
Can you cook this in the Ninja Foodi Grill?
This can be cooked in the Ninja Foodi Grill, Ninja Foodi Air Fryer, or Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker. Each of these machines has a setting for “Air Crisp”, which will be used for this recipe.
This is best served with Air Fryer Baked Potatoes or Air Fryer Corn on the Cob.
Enjoy this Ninja Foodi Tri Tip!
Ninja Foodi Tri Tip
- 1 1/2 – 2 LB Tri Tip Cut
- 1 Tbsp Steak Seasoning
- Cooking Oil Spray of Choice Grapeseed, Etc.
- Season the steak with the steak seasoning and let rest for about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Coat the basket with the spray of your choice such as grapeseed.
- Once ready to cook, place in the basket of the Ninja Foodi and use the Air Crisp setting at 400*F for 15 minutes, rotate the steak about halfway through the cooking time.
- Carefully remove, slice against the grain and serve.
- It’s best to watch this steak closely as you want it to reach an internal temperature of about 145*F. This is the sweet spot for this steak, less on the temperature if you are looking for it to be rarer.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Can’t wait to try this recipe! Thank you!
That picture does NOT show a TriTip… Just sayin
Mommy Hates Cooking says
It is in fact a tri-tip that I cut in half. The smaller part in the air fryer was the narrow end and tip.