As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Now, first get your Ibotta deal now!
Surely most of you have caught on with my unhealthy obsession with pumpkin, right? It’s bad. I love using it in EVERYTHING this season, but let’s face it I would be glad to use it year round too! I’m sure I’m late to the game but I realized recently that I can actually FREEZE my pumpkin. That’s right, freeze it! Now, this is especially wonderful for me because most of the time, I don’t use a whole can of pumpkin it’s typically half a can. Then, I’m left wasting the rest because I never seem to use it in time.
Times have changed because now I realize I can freeze it. Honestly, why didn’t this occur to me before? I mean I made my kids baby food from scratch and froze it, so surely this should occur to me? Sadly, it didn’t!
I love to freeze it now though in the Hefty® Slider Bags. Plus I like to flatten them out so it freezes flat and saves me freezer space. That’s definitely something that is much needed around here. We actually have 3 freezers and they are all full! That’s just how it goes when you work with food for a living.
Now the great thing with these bags is that they are available at Walmart, which I shop there often as in way too much. They also are strong thanks to the MaxLock® Track Design. They have both storage and freezer bags so you can rest assured that your freezer items will in fact stay well secured. Right now, the best part is that you can get the ibotta deal NOW and save on these slider bags! I have to admit, I’m a sucker for savings.
Now let’s get to these tips!
- Perfect for Freezing Leftovers – These are perfect for freezing leftovers such as soups, chili, or even pumpkin! Simply pour them in the bag, lay it flat and seal. Now, be sure to get all the air out, then seal it. When you go to freeze them lay them flat so that they freeze flat and take up less space.
- Great for Mixing Treats – These bags are perfect for making these Seasoned Pretzels. It’s vital to have a good bag when making these that will keep the oils in and not on your hands!
- DIY Snack Bags – One of our favorite uses is for DIY Snack Bags. Each week after shopping, simply split up the snacks into single serving sizes for each member of your family. This helps you always have a snack readily available and watch that good ole’ portion control!
- Great for Making Donuts – Now, I make homemade donuts regularly and these bags are perfect to use to pipe in the batter to avoid mess. Be sure to try them out with these Pumpkin Donuts!
- Prep Ahead Meats – These bags are great for freezing meats, simply cook that ground beef ahead and then store it in a bag to use for later. We do this regularly by cooking ground beef then sorting it out in pound size servings into bags.
The hacks are simple endless, that means you need to get your ibotta deal and stock up at Walmart!