Just in time for the holidays, this Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Crisp is perfect to share with friends.
It’s almost Thanksgiving and in the midst of that, I love making delicious fall desserts like this Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Crisp. I actually have made about a dozen of these just in the past month to take to friends and family. This recipe is so simple to make and great to make gluten-free too with a simple switch of flour. The key ingredient for this recipe is the Lucky Leaf Caramel Apple Pie Filling, it’s absolutely perfect in this dish.
I used this filling in many recipes recently including my Caramel Apple Cake and then last year in a No-Bake Caramel Apple Pie. It’s just the perfect combination of apples and caramel all mixed into a beautiful filling. This particular recipe is wonderful to take to dinners and to friends and family. I actually love to make it and put it in a to-go container then decorate it with twine and share with friends.
My husband and I love to serve this crisp warm with a little bit of whipped topping or vanilla ice cream. We always seem to have this on a day where we have chili for dinner, it’s just such a wonderful fall treat. When making it if you prefer gluten-free it’s easy to make gluten-free with a gluten-free all-purpose flour, but you can also do it with regular flour if that is not a need for you. Often, I am ask by those that aren’t gluten-free of a good dessert to make for a friend that is, this is certainly the one! There is often not a bite of this dish left after a day in our house, that’s why I give so many away too, I could eat it all by myself!
Are you ready for a delicious bite? It’s time to eat up!
Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Crisp
- 1 Can Caramel Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Quick Oats
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- Vanilla Ice Cream Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Spray a 9-inch round pan with non-sticking baking spray.
- Evenly place the apples in the pan and top with the nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and butter. Mix this well until it is a crumb mixture.
- Evenly top the mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until browned.
- Serve warm with ice cream.