As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make the morning start right with Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts!
Most of you all know I have a deep found love for pumpkin. It goes without saying that I would be making baked pumpkin doughnuts this year.
They were delicious too; however, there is one thing I would change. I would likely do a cream cheese frosting next time instead of the powdered sugar glaze. Something about pumpkin doughnuts and cream cheese frosting just goes together.
For these doughnuts, I simply adapted the recipe for Baked Vanilla Doughnuts. It was simple and easy to make using the doughnut pan.
Enjoy a taste of fall with these baked doughnuts. This recipe made about 12 doughnuts; however, I doubled the recipe to make more as they go fast around our house!
How do you make these Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts into Gluten-Free Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts?
A simple flour switch, use whichever gluten-free all purpose flour that you prefer. I use Better Batter Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour and it’s an even switch!
- 1 Cup Flour, or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Skim Milk
- 1/4 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tbsp Butter, Melted
- Glaze:, or use Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Butter Flavor
- 2 Tsp Skim Milk
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- In a large mixer add in the dry ingredients then mix in the wet ingredients until the batter is well combined.
- Spray a Doughnut Pan with bake easy and then using either a spoon or a decorators bag, pipe in the doughnut batter. These typically need to be about 3/4 full to allow a little room for the doughnut to rise.
- Bake these in the oven 10 minutes or until nice and brown.
- While the doughnuts are baking mix together the glaze ingredients adding more milk if needed.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled drizzle the glaze over the doughnuts and add some powdered sugar if you want.