As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
It’s time to enjoy a light meal in light of the holidays coming up with this delicious Spaghetti Squash Sauté. I’m sharing this post in partnership with Pompeian, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Is it just me or sometimes during the holidays, do you just need a light and delicious meal? Many times during this season, food becomes very heavy and filling, but I know for myself, I get to a point where I’m craving a light meal. I decided to pair this Spaghetti Squash Sauté with pork chops to make a tasty meal. The thing though that I love about this Sauté is that it makes for the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving. It’s much lighter than something like mashed potatoes or stuffing and it’s simply delicious. It gives guests a better-for-you option!
The key for me to this whole dish of course is the way the spaghetti squash is seasoned. I like to use Olive Oil and Garlic Salt or even crushed garlic to make this. This time though I chose to use Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite sprays, I can easily spray it on the pan, plus on the veggies directly, then sauté with a little garlic and salt. It compliments all the flavors of the vegetables so well and makes for a great side dish. I feel like by making this dish it gives a special touch to holiday dinners and allows guests to have options.
I know for us, many at our table, prefer lighter meals, they don’t necessarily want to be so stuff they can’t move, so they like lighter options. I love that I can easily provide that in a delicious way, plus let’s face it…I love spaghetti squash. I find it so relaxing to watch that squash turn into spaghetti like consistency, plus it taste great too, even my kids love it!
That says a lot with your picky eaters enjoy it too.
It makes me proud to use Pompeian since they are the first national brand to carry the USDA Quality Monitored Seal on its Extra Virgin Olive Oils. That insures that you are using a high quality product on the food you serve to guests.
Now, I would love to know what you plan to serve for the holidays. I’m planning to use this spray too for many other dishes including several vegetable dishes and some rolls for Thanksgiving too!
Share some ideas with us and be sure to check out Pompeian Oils!
- 1 4 lb Spaghetti Squash
- 3 Cups Fresh Chopped Kale
- 1/2 Cup Diced White Onion
- 2 Cups Sliced Carrots
- Garlic Salt
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Begin by placing the spaghetti squash in a dutch oven with enough water to cover it, then turn to medium-high heat and cook on both sides until soft. Once it's cooked, carefully remove from the water.
- Cut it carefully lengthwise, then scoop the seeds out. Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash out and set aside.
- Spray a medium-sized skillet with the Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray and then add in the squash, kale, onion, and carrots.
- Mix in about 1 tsp of garlic salt or to taste.
- Saute this for about 10 minutes until the veggies are soft and the kale is wilted.