Tater Tot Taco Casserole
It’s a busy time of year and that means one-dish dinners like this Tater Tot Taco Casserole are just necessary at dinner time.
This past week has been a whirlwind with going back to school. This has been our first full week and we survived. Typically, we would be getting back into our normal routine but we are also in the middle of redoing our flooring in our home. This has been one those construction projects that really messes up things a bit or a lot! We actually have to move out, which is a bit hard for a family to do especially for someone that works from home.
I’m just trying to keep my eye on the end result though and these floors will hopefully be very worth it. In the midst of the chaos, we still have to get dinner made. We’ve been basically packing up all week and along with that I decided to make this one-dish dinner for my family. It was simple and tasty, just what my kids love. I used the new McCormick Organic Recipe Mixes to add flavor to our meal. They have a new line of non-gmo seasonings that pair perfectly with meats to make for a great meal.
I decided to add the taco seasoning to our beef to make this Tater Tot Taco Casserole. This recipe mix is even gluten-free too! They can be found in 4 varieties including fajita, taco, chili, and brown gravy. My husband is just anxiously awaiting chili season. It’s coming!
Tater Tot Taco Casserole
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package McCormick Organic Taco Recipe Mix
- 1 1/2 Cups Black Beans, Cooked & Drained
- 1 1/2 Cups Corn, Drained
- 16oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 Lbs Tater Tots
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Brown the ground beef, drain, and combine with the taco mix as instructed on the package.
- Once the beef is mixed with the seasoning and cooked, add in the beans, corn, and tomato sauce.
- Mix this well then evenly pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Place the tater tots evenly across the top of the meat mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nearly cooked.
- Remove carefully, add the cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
In the meantime though, this casserole was perfect for our dinner night. I mixed lean ground beef with the taco seasoning packet. Once that was done, I added in drained black beans, corn, and tomato sauce to the beef. I mixed this all together and placed it on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. I topped it with tater tots and baked it up in the oven. When it was almost done, I added shredded cheese and let that bake until it was nicely melted.
This result was a perfect one-dish dinner that made it much easier for us to get right back to packing.
Are you ready for this back to school season? What are some of your go-to dinner time meals?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.