If you enjoyed Dalgona Coffee then you will certainly love this Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe, plus it’s naturally gluten-free!
Whipped Hot Chocolate has caught on as quite a big Tik Tok trend; however, I’ll admit Tik Tok is not my thing…I’ll leave that to the other kids, but I can totally get behind this recipe.
This will be very similar to the Dalgona Coffee Trend.
What is Whipped Hot Chocolate?
Whipped Hot Chocolate is essentially heavy cream that’s got the chocolate flavor in it by adding dry hot chocolate mix. We use our homemade hot chocolate mix to make this Whipped Hot Chocolate.
Once you add the warm milk and top it with the topping and turn the chocolate into a creamy, hot milk chocolate.
What type of milk do you use?
This can be made with regular white milk or chocolate milk, it’s totally up to you. It can also be done hot or cold. We prefer hot, but it can be done either way.
It can also be added to a mocha too, so just add coffee to your drink and make a mocha instead, it’s very versatile.
What do you need to make Whipped Hot Chocolate?
- Dry Hot Chocolate Mix
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- White or Chocolate Milk
- Toppings – Marshmallows, Sprinkles, Chocolate Shavings, Etc.
Tips for making Whipped Hot Chocolate:
Remember it’s very important to use heavy cream, it will not work without heavy whipping cream. That’s what is going to give it the whipped cream texture and taste.
It’s best to make this in a bowl with a whisk or you can use the hand mixer or stand mixer. I actually prefer the stand mixer, but it’s totally personal preference and you will need to whisk it for a few minutes to get those stiff peaks to form to create the topping.
I typically put it in the stand mixer and let it whisk for about 2-3 minutes and it is formed.
Now, it’s time to enjoy a delicious cup of this Whipped Hot Chocolate paired with a Gingerbread Cookie for the holidays!
Whipped Hot Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Dry Hot Chocolate Mix
- 5 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Cups Milk White or Chocolate
- Toppings - Marshmallows Sprinkles, Etc.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the hot chocolate mix and heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This can also be done with a handheld mixer or stand mixer.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan on the stove or in a microwave-safe cup in the microwave.
- If not already, pour the milk into a glass.
- Top with the whipped chocolate and toppings.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!