Make a tasty breakfast with this Slow Cooker S’mores French Toast!
Make a great breakfast with the Slow Cooker S’mores French Toast Recipe, plus it’s super easy to make and great for brunch too!
If you are looking for another french toast casserole option, try this Ninja Foodi French Toast Casserole.
If you want to make this one in your Ninja Foodi, you can simply use the Slow Cooker setting and follow the instructions as listed.
What milk do you use for Slow Cooker S’mores French Toast Casserole?
This recipe needs to be made with 2% or Whole Milk.
Avoid using anything under 2% such as 1% or Skim Milk. Those will be too watery and will not set as well in the slow cooker.
Heavy Cream is also used in this recipe, which needs to be used as instructed, do not substitute it or it will alter the final result of the recipe.
Tips for Making Slow Cooker S’mores French Toast Casserole:
When making this recipe, the typical s’mores topping such as Hershey’s Bars, Marshmallows, and Graham Crackers will not be added until the final 3-4 minutes of cooking time just to melt the marshmallows and chocolate.
Do not add these prior to the end of cooking time.
If you want to add nuts to this recipe you can add those as well such as about 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days, these need to be stored in the fridge.
If you want to warm them up, they can be warmed in the microwave or in the air fryer at 320*F for about 5 minutes.
What type of bread should be used?
French Toast should be made with thick, crusty bread. I used a french baguette for this recipe; however, you can also use sourdough or ciabatta.
The key is to use one that is a day or so old, it works better with dryer bread not fresh.
Time to enjoy this Slow Cooker Breakfast Recipe!
Slow Cooker S’mores French Toast Casserole
- 5 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Whole Milk or 2% Milk
- 1 French Baguette (7 Cups of Cubed Bread)
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Hershey Bars
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Graham Crackers
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- Spray the inner liner/pot of the slow cooker with cooking spray or line it.
- Crack the eggs and add the brown sugar to the pot of the slow cooker.
- Whisk it until blended then add the heavy cream and milk, and continue to whisk. (Skim and 1% are too watery, so use whole or 2% milk.)
- Add the cubed baguette. With a fork, carefully press the bread down so that it is fully soaked in the egg and milk mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Add the Hershey Bars, Crushed Graham Crackers, and Mini Marshmallows.
- Cover for 3-4 minutes to melt and then serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Sew Crafty Crochet says
What a fun recipe! It looks really yummy and combines two foods I love, French toast and s’mores. Pinning!
Kristy this looks absolutely amazing! I’ve never made french toast in the crockpot! Just pinned your recipe. I would love it if you’d link up in my weekly link party for a chance to be featured!