Make the BEST breakfast with this Ninja Foodi French Toast Casserole!
Get ready to make the best breakfast with this Ninja Foodi French Toast Casserole, plus it’s made in less than 30 minutes using the STEAMBAKE function of your Multi-Cooker.
If you are looking for a basic french toast, be sure to check out these Air Fryer French Toast.
What bread should you use for Ninja Foodi French Toast Casserole?
This french toast casserole is best made with day-old, crusty bread. This would be great using a french bread loaf or sourdough loaf too.
Stale bread with a thick crust will be the type of bread that you would want to use for this. It sounds crazy, but it works the BEST!
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi French Toast Casserole:
This recipe is made with a Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker using the STEAMCRISP and STEAMBAKE functions, so be sure that your machine has these in order to make this recipe.
This was made using a Ninja Foodi 14 in 1 Multi-Cooker.
In order to be fully cooked, the center of the french toast should be at least 190*F, this can be checked with a quick read thermometer.
I also used an 8-inch cake pan to make this such as a Wilton Cake Pan. It’s best to butter the cake pan or line it with parchment paper so that the french toast can easily be removed.
It is best if it’s served warm right out of the Ninja Foodi because it will be nice and crispy on top with the SteamBake Setting; however, you can reheat it for 2-3 minutes and serve the leftovers throughout the week.
It lasts for about 3-4 days stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
What should you top this with?
We served ours topped with powdered sugar and maple syrup; however, you can top it with fresh berries and extra cinnamon.
This particular recipe has a Snickerdoodle French Toast flavor, so it’s perfect as we head into the fall season paired with your favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Ninja Foodi French Toast Casserole
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 Cups Diced Bread (Italian Bread or Crusty Loaf)
- Butter an 8-inch cake pan and set aside.
- Fill the inner pot of the Ninja Foodi (Gray Liner) with 2 cups of water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined.
- Add the milk and eggs, whisking together.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Once all ingredients are mixed, fold in the diced bread until it's fully saturated with the liquid mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Place the cake on the lower position of the wire rack.
- Carefully place this rack with the cake pan into the gray pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Use the STEAMCRISP setting, then turn the dial to STEAMBAKE.
- Set the temperature to 325*F for 13 minutes. The internal temperature needs to reach at least 190*F to be considered fully cooked.
- Once it's cooked, carefully take it out of the Ninja Foodi and place it on a cooling rack or heat-resistant pad.
- Carefully use a knife around the sides of the cake pan to release it.
- Let it cool for 3-4 minutes, then serve with your favorite toppings.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!