Make a quick, easy side dish with Ninja Foodi Spanish Rice!
One of my favorite side dishes is Ninja Foodi Rice, so this time I decided to try one of our favorite versions that we usually get at a local taco truck in town, Ninja Foodi Spanish Rice.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Spanish Rice:
This recipe is done with long grain white rice, not Minute Rice. Be sure to use regular rice for this as minute rice will cook differently than what the times are below.
It’s best to saute the onions before cooking the rice and other vegetables.
If you prefer your rice extra spicy, you can add additional Cayenne Pepper. If you prefer no spice at all, you can skip the Cayenne Pepper entirely too.
We like to add just a bit so that it does have a good flavor but is not necessarily super hot.
This recipe also adds in frozen peas and diced carrots too, both compliment the rice well.
The important thing to remember is that it is vital that you do a NATURAL RELEASE following the cooking time. This means that you do nothing, just naturally let the pressure release.
This continues to cook the rice. Once the 10 minutes is up, the nozzle can be moved to vent, and then simply stir up the rice and serve.
Water can be used instead of broth; however, the broth gives it salt and flavor. This means that using water will alter the final flavor profile.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free as well, which makes it that much better if you have a gluten intolerance too.
Enjoy this simple, easy Ninja Foodi Spanish Rice!
Try it with some tasty Air Fryer Tacos!
Ninja Foodi Spanish Rice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Long Grain White Rice
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Large Carrot, Diced
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Peas
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Add the oil to the pot of the Ninja Foodi, then add in the onions.
- Use the SAUTE function to simmer these until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Once done, add in the rice, chicken broth, garlic, carrot, peas, tomato sauce, and pepper. Give it a quick stir to make sure that all the ingredients are submerged in the broth.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid and set the nozzle to SEAL.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Natural Release (DO NOTHING) for 10 minutes when the timer goes off.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, move the nozzle to VENT and release the remaining steam.
- Stir up the rice and serve.