Make this EASY Ninja Foodi Cheeseburger Soup that is perfect for a cold day!
This Cheeseburger Soup will be made using the SAUTE function of the Ninja Foodi, which means you can make this same soup on the stovetop in a large stockpot as well.
This soup is a beautiful, warm meal for a cold fall day, perfectly paired with French Fried Onions.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Cheeseburger Soup:
The potatoes for this soup need to be about 1 inch thick, any thicker and it will take a bit longer to cook because the bulk of the cooking time is boiling the potatoes.
It can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days; however, due to the dairy content, I do not recommend freezing it.
This soup is easy to make with ground sausage too if you prefer
What if I’ve already cooked the potatoes?
If you are using already cooked potatoes then bring them up to room temperature but do not cook them for the full 25 minutes, this will overcook them.
What do you do if your cream cheese curdles?
It is VERY important that when cooking this you reduce the heat after cooking the potatoes and let it sit for about 5 minutes to cool before adding the cheese.
This step is vital to be sure the dairy products do not curdle; however, if yours do then this little trick may work for you!
If your cheese curdles, add 2 ice cubes and stir until it’s melted.
This will shock the mixture and bring the cheese back.
To avoid this though, just lower the heat and let it sit and cool down before adding the dairy products.
What should you serve Ninja Foodi Cheeseburger Soup with?
This soup brings together all the ingredients of a typical cheeseburger into a soup version. We like to serve ours with French Fried Onions but you can do any toppings you prefer, such as additional cheese and croutons or crackers.
It’s even easy to use hamburger buns and make Air Fryer Croutons out of them.
Enjoy this Ninja Foodi Cheeseburger Soup, and add it to your list of Ninja Foodi Soup Recipes!
Ninja Foodi Cheeseburger Soup
- 2 Beef Bouillon Cubes
- 5 Cups Hot Water
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted or Salted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sweet Onion
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Celery Seeds
- 1 Tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 3 Cups Diced Gold Potatoes (These do not need to be peeled, just cleaned.)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Colby Jack
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- Fried Onions
- Shredded Cheese
- Bacon Bits
- Fresh Herbs
- Add the beef bouillon cube to hot water and set aside.
- Set the Ninja to SAUTE on high and let it warm up for about 3 minutes.
- Add the butter and melt while moving around.
- Add the chopped onions and stir around in the butter, cooking until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and sprinkle the seasonings in, this is the minced garlic, celery seeds, dry mustard, salt, and pepper.
- With a heat-proof spoon, break the meat into pieces and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. At this point, you can drain it if you prefer, it's up to you.
- Add the beef bouillon mixture, and stir well.
- Add the diced potatoes.
- Keeping it on high, bring the mixture to a boil (about 10 minutes), then keep it boiling for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. This means you can easily poke them with a fork.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, reduce to medium heat and cook for 5 minutes. Once done, add in the cream cheese and the Colby jack. (IMPORTANT – The heat must be reduced for 5 minutes and not boiling or your cheese will curdle.)
- Mix up the soup until all the cheese has fully melted.
- Turn off the Ninja or set it to warm and serve.
- Top with sour cream and your favorite toppings.