This Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup will be a hit at dinner any night of the week.
For years now taco soup has been one of my main go-to recipes, only I have been making it a bit different this past year. I thought it was finally time to share my preferred way of making taco soup. What’s the difference? Chicken!
I mentioned a few weeks ago, that we changed things up at dinner time recently for my son. In the past, I always made him a different meal unless we were having something I knew he would eat, that was rare though.
Now, he has new dinner rules which include him eating what we eat. One of his first ventures into these new dinner rules was with taco soup.
In the back of mind, I did not think he would like it. He rarely actually ate soup and to have several foods combined is just not his thing, he doesn’t like his food to touch other foods. Well…he proved me wrong.
As soon as he got done, he was asking for more. For weeks now, he keeps begging me to make it again. I’m going to put it back on our menu next week too, because it’s one of my favorite meals to make and eat too!
I used to make it regularly with beef, but then I discovered that I love it so much more with rotisserie chicken. The best part is if you pick one up at the store, you have very little cooking on your part.
How to Prep Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
I prep ours the night before, and then I put the slow cooker on in the morning as we are leaving. I think I like to make this recipe a lot because it gives me a break, and I absolutely love it!
Here are a few of my favorite items to use for this, remember these are affiliate links.
We pour this soup into these mason jars and take over to family members as well!
It’s time for soup!
Pin it for later –
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- 2 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet or Gluten Free Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 15 oz Can of Black Beans
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Chicken Broth
- 1 15.25 oz Can of No Salt Added Canned Corn
- 1 Cup of Water
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner, then place all ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve with Fritos or Doritos and top with cheese.