Add these fabulous Hot Chocolate Cookies, easy to make gluten-free, to your list of holiday cookies!
These past few weeks I’ve been sharing some variations of different recipes using this Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix. Another great recipe to use this for are these Hot Chocolate Cookies.
This recipe is a wonderful holiday cookie that you can even dip in some white chocolate and add some crushed candy canes to make some Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies.
The variations are really endless for this cookie recipe!
How do you make Hot Chocolate Cookies into gluten-free cookies?
These cookies are easy to make gluten-free with just one simple swap of flour. Instead of regular all-purpose flour, use gluten-free all-purpose flour. This needs to be a 1:1 flour.
I use Better Batter; however, any gluten-free 1:1 flour will do.
That’s the only swap you need to do in order to make these gluten-free. I’ll be sharing some more gluten-free cookie recipes later this week too. In general, just about any cookie can be made gluten-free by simply swapping the flour.
I’ve found that 1:1 flours are made so much better than years past, it’s so easy to swap and make recipes gluten-free these days.
Tips for Making Hot Chocolate Cookies:
These cookies are made with hot chocolate mix, you will only use a small portion of the mix. So if you’ve made my homemade hot chocolate mix, be sure to store the remaining mix in an airtight container.
It’s best to let these fully cool for about 5 minutes once removing them from the oven. Then, go ahead and place them on a wire rack to fully cool.
These are also made with mallow bits, which are small marshmallows, you can find these in the baking section of the grocery store.
These are delicious cookies to pair with Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
Enjoy these tasty Hot Chocolate Cookies!
Hot Chocolate Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1/2 Cup 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Egg Room Temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips Milk or Semi-Sweet
- 1/2 Cup Mallow Bits
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line the baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and hot chocolate mix.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until well combined and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add dry mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mallow bits.
- Scoop dough using a cookie dough scoop and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Carefully remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Then, place on a wire rack to completely cool.