Make the BEST Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Soup, perfect for a cold day!
The best days growing up were when we saw grandma coming over with her huge pitcher of soup and cornbread. It was always this soup and she always brought it over in a big pitcher. It was just the best comfort meal from childhood.
Now I love sharing it with my kids too and the rest of my family also!
Can you make this in the Ninja Foodi too?
This soup can easily be made in the Ninja Foodi or the Instant Pot using the pressure cooker function. To make this, follow this recipe for Ninja Foodi Beef and Vegetable Soup.
Do you need to add cooking wine?
We ALWAYS make this with white cooking wine, it adds flavor to the soup. If your soup is too bland, you can also add in garlic powder and onion powder to taste as well.
The flavor will come from the herbs and seasonings in this recipe.
A big part of that will be from using the cooking wine.
Can you make this gluten-free?
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Soup can be made gluten-free with a simple swap of pasta.
Use gluten-free pasta, any variety can be used.
I specifically use an elbow macaroni most of the time, but my grandma just used what she had on hand, so you can too!
Tips for Making Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Soup:
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Soup is easy to prepare. The first thing you will want to do is cook the ground beef and drain it. Then, everything else EXCEPT the pasta will be added in.
The most important thing to remember is that you do not put in the pasta until the final 30 minutes of cooking time.
If you put this in at the beginning, the pasta will soak up all the liquid and you will have a big pot of mushy pasta.
Other than that, this is a great sit and forget it meal. It’s wonderful paired with homemade cornbread.
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Soup
- 1 Lb Ground Beef Cooked and Drained
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 15 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 4 Potatoes Cubed
- 1/2 Lb Baby Carrots Sliced if preferred
- 2 Stalks of Celery Diced
- 1 Diced Tomato or 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 White Onion Sliced
- 1/2 Cup White Cooking Wine
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Cup Pasta or Gluten Free Pasta
- This can be any type such as elbow macaroni or penne. Be sure to reserve until the last 1/2 hour of cooking time.
- Use a liner for the slow cooker if preferred.
- Add in all of the ingredients in order, but do not add in the pasta.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add in the pasta in the last 30 minutes of cook time. Be sure to remove or set to warm after 30 minutes so that the pasta does not overcook.
- Serve topped over cornbread or with crackers.