As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a delicious drink with this Peppermint Hot Chocolate using Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix!
Last week, I shared with you this easy Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe, so today I’m going to show you how to make a great twist with this Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
How do you make Peppermint Hot Chocolate?
That’s always a great option, but you can also simply mix in some crushed candy canes too.
Another great tip is if you love Peppermint Mochas, all you need to do is add coffee to the cup along with the hot chocolate and peppermint, then you can make your own mocha right at home.
How long does the Hot Chocolate Mix last?
The first step is to make the mix. The homemade hot chocolate mix can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
We like to make a big batch right at the beginning of the cold season and then use it all throughout the season.
This has become a go-to for our family movie nights too. It’s wonderful topped with whipped cream and some crushed candy canes too.
More uses of Hot Chocolate Mix:
This Hot Chocolate Mix can actually be used for several variations of hot chocolate including caramel mocha or caramel hot chocolate too. Use the same method as you would with peppermint but instead swap out the peppermint for caramel.
I’ll also be sharing with you hot to make Hot Chocolate Cookies next week, so stay tuned. Those would be perfect for the holiday and to make with the kids for Santa too!
Enjoy this easy Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe.
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Instant Dry Milk
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Peppermint Extract, Syrup, or Crushed Candy Canes
- Begin by creating the mix if not already done.
- In a large bowl sift in the powdered sugar, top it with sifted instant dry milk.
- Sift in the cocoa powder on top.
- Whisk together.
- Whisk in the granulated sugar.
- Store the mix in an airtight container for up to 3 months or use for peppermint hot chocolate.
- Add 1/3 cup of the hot chocolate mix to a mug, stir in 1 tsp peppermint extract, syrup, or candy cane with 1 cup of warm milk and mix in with the hot chocolate mix.
- Top with additional toppings and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 5g