Make an easy and delicious dinner with Ninja Foodi Teriyaki Chicken, using chicken thighs!
Ninja Foodi Chicken Thighs are so good and juicy, even better when marinated in a tasty Teriyaki Sauce!
This recipe was originally featured over on Air Fryer Fanatics, it’s a great choice for a quick meal.
These chicken thighs can be prepared in advance as far as getting the ingredients together and soaking them for several hours before cooking.
Alternatively, they can also be prepared within an hour before cooking to soak too. I have found the longer they soak, the better!
How do you make Gluten-Free Teriyaki Sauce?
The only swap needed to make Gluten-Free Ninja Foodi Teriyaki Chicken Thighs is to use a gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos.
Either of these can be used in place of the regular soy sauce.
This is the only swap needed to make these gluten-free, but as always be sure to check all ingredients before making the recipe to be sure they work for your dietary needs.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Teriyaki Chicken Thighs:
This recipe will be made using the Air Crisp function of the Ninja Foodi or a basic Air Fryer.
If you prefer you can place these chicken thighs on a sheet of foil in the basket of the Ninja Foodi to avoid as much clean up because it is a sticky sauce so you will have some mess to clean up in the basket after cooking.
In my case, I used these Silicone Air Fryer Mats, they fit perfectly into my Ninja Air Fryer and are easy to clean too. These mats come in a variety of sizes too.
Remember that all air fryers and Ninja Foodi machines heat differently, even a machine from the same company can heat differently than another one, so it is VERY important to watch the chicken closely during the cooking time.
I highly recommend a meat thermometer, this will allow you to be certain they are fully cooked and ready to serve, plus you’ll avoid overcooking too.
I also did these in batches with 4 in each batch to make a total of 8 chicken thighs.
More Ninja Foodi Chicken Recipes:
Ninja Foodi Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
- 8 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- Diced Green Onion (Optional)
- Ziploc Bag
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, regular sugar, garlic, and ginger.
- Whisk well until combined.
- Using a ziploc bag, place the chicken thighs into a large Ziploc Bag.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture into the Ziploc bag to coat the chicken. Seal the bag and toss it a bit to get the chicken fully coated.
- To get it to fully soak in, let it sit for at least 60 minutes or more. These can be prepared in the morning and can sit all day in the fridge to marinate as well if preferred.
- Coat the basket of the Ninja Foodi with grapeseed oil spray, then place the chicken thighs evenly into the basket. (This was done in 2 batches with 4 chicken thighs each to fit.)
- Cook at 390 degrees for 8-10 minutes, using the Air Crisp function of your Ninja Foodi.
- Rotate the chicken carefully.
- Cook for an additional 5-8 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. This took 15 minutes in my Ninja without pre-heating.
- Remove and serve with diced green onions.