Make a simple and easy Ninja Foodi Chicken Stir Fry that can be made gluten-free too!
This delicious Ninja Foodi Chicken Stir Fry is an adaption of my Ninja Foodi Honey Garlic Chicken, just a little bit lighter and a few simple swaps.
Do you ever just get creative in the kitchen and go with it? That’s how many recipes come about, simply trying a few different variations and adding in a bit of this or that and eventually, you have landed on a tasty recipe.
I felt that way when it came to this Ninja Foodi Chicken Stir Fry, which happened to all be inspired by a package of Gluten-Free Ramen Cakes that I picked up at Costco.
These noodles can be used to serve the chicken stir fry over; however, you can use any variety you prefer and it can also be substituted for cauliflower rice or Ninja Foodi Rice too.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Chicken Stir Fry:
This recipe is going to use about 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs that have been cut into cubes. It can be done with chicken breast; however, chicken thighs tend to hold flavor and be juicer than chicken breast.
Once the chicken is cut, it will first be cooked in the Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer, using the Air Crisp basket and function of the Ninja Foodi.
Once the chicken is fully cooked and reaches an internal temperature of at least 165*F, the frozen stir fry vegetables will be added and an additional 5 minutes of cooking time.
As this is cooking, it’s best to prepare the ingredients for the sauce. This can be fully prepared on the stove in a saucepan; however, I’ve found it’s easiest to simply use the pot of the Ninja Foodi. It’s also less clean up too.
When the chicken and the veggies are fully cooked, simply use the mitts to remove the basket of the air fryer and clean the pot out if needed.
Then, move forward with cooking the sauce using the saute function.
I used a honey garlic sauce for this; however, you can use any sauce that you prefer too.
When the sauce is warmed up, simply add your chicken and veggies back into the pot and coat it with the sauce. That’s it, then just serve it up!
Can you add breading to the chicken?
If you want more crisp chicken, coat it with cornstarch before cooking the chicken, similar to how the original recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken is made.
This will give a crispy outer coating to the chicken.
How do you make this gluten-free?
This can be made gluten-free with gluten-free soy sauce. This is the only swap you will need, but as always check all ingredients before using.
Of course, be sure to pair it with the gluten-free ramen noodles or rice option.
Enjoy this easy Ninja Foodi Chicken Stir Fry!
Ninja Foodi Chicken Stir Fry
- 1-2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (Cut into Chunks)
- 1 12 oz Bag of Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables
- Grapeseed Oil Cooking Spray
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Begin by placing the chicken into the basket of the Ninja Foodi.
- Coat it with grapeseed oil spray and use the Air Crisp function to cook at 390*F for 20-25 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165*F.
- Once fully cooked, go ahead and add in the frozen veggies right on top of the chicken.
- Use the air crisp function and cook at 390*F for an additional 5 minutes. Mix up the chicken and veggies well so it’s well combined.
- Once done, using the mitts, carefully remove the chicken and veggies and set them aside.
- Turn the function to SAUTE on high on the Ninja Foodi.
- Add in the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, crushed garlic, and ground ginger.
- Whisk well to combine and let come to a low boil.
- Whisk in cornstarch to thicken.
- Let thicken for about 1 minute or so, then add in the chicken and vegetables and coat well with the sauce.
- Serve this over your favorite noodles. If gluten-free, we use Lotus Mills Gluten-Free Rice Noodles.