Make an easy, warm soup with this Ninja Foodi Broccoli Cheddar Soup, simple to make gluten-free too!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup happens to be one of my all-time favorites and it’s especially good with a sourdough bread bowl or roll, similar to Panera.
Of course, it’s been years since I’ve had sourdough bread since I’m gluten-free but for all of you that can have that…eat up!
I decided to adapt a recipe from Instant Pot that is for Broccoli Cheddar Soup and combine it with a few ingredients similar to the soup served at Panera Bread to make this version of Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
I use the Ninja Foodi for this recipe; however, it can be made in the Instant Pot too with the same method.
Ninja Foodi Broccoli Cheddar Soup is a wonderful option to add to your list of Ninja Foodi Soup Recipes.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
This soup works the best with sharp cheddar cheese. The flavor profile is going to be very subtle, so that garlic adds the flavor along with salt and pepper.
This particular recipe also uses shredded carrots which is what you would find in the soup at Panera as well. Along with this, use a pound of broccoli.
It’s important to remember that when pressure cooking, do not pressure cook any of the dairy ingredients. The dairy ingredients will be added right before serving.
The broccoli will be nice and soft once the pressure cooking time is over, at this point use a masher to lightly mash the broccoli. This will help create smaller bits of broccoli for the soup.
How do you make this soup gluten-free?
The only swap needed to make this gluten-free is to use gluten-free all-purpose flour.
I use Better Batter All-Purpose Flour; however, any 1:1 gluten-free flour will do.
Other than this all other ingredients will be naturally gluten-free. Be sure to use a gluten-free baguette to serve it with if needed as well. Schar brand makes a good baguette that works great with this soup.
Now it’s time to enjoy this Ninja Foodi Cheddar Broccoli Soup!
Ninja Foodi Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sweet Onion
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 Lb Chopped Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- In the pot of the Ninja Foodi add the chicken broth, water, sweet onion, shredded carrots, crushed garlic, and broccoli.
- Seal the Ninja Foodi with the pressure cooker lid and set the nozzle to SEAL.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick-release, immediately move the nozzle to VENT once the timer goes off, and remove the lid.
- Use a potato masher and gently mash the broccoli, it should not be hard to gently mash this it will fall apart to make smaller broccoli chunks.
- Turn the Ninja Foodi function to SAUTE on Medium-High heat.
- Combine the water and flour into a small bowl and whisk into the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Whisk this well until combined.
- Turn the Ninja Foodi to OFF.
- Whisk in the cheese and half and half.
- Continue whisking until well combined and melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Louise Wistock says
The soup came out great. I am new to the ninja foodie. It’s great