Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken
Make a delicious dish with less calories with this Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken.
Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post.
I have used so many small kitchen appliances over the years, most of them are all fabulous but not something I use all the time. Guess what? I found one that may have just changed my life, the Air Fryer. Have you tried an Air Fryer yet? I was skeptical at first, then we made this Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken, and I’m in love.
There are so many different things you can make in an Air Fryer. I’m going to try some Catfish Nuggets and Mongolian Beef here soon too. What have you tried?
Since I’m gluten-free having take-out at our local Asian restaurant isn’t something I can do, typically I just make my own at home but I’ve yet to figure out how to get the chicken super crispy without frying it. Now, I can do that with the Air Fryer. I coated this chicken in cornstarch; however, I hear that potato starch is the best choice. I decided to go with cornstarch since that is what I had on hand. It worked just as well too.
I am also planning to try it with some Sweet and Sour Sauce too, so many options, I just can’t wait! I made the Honey Garlic Sauce adapting my recipe for the Slow Cooker Honey Ginger Chicken, then you will want to also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The chicken thighs are the best choice because they are a little bit more juicy than a chicken breast.
Once the chicken comes out of the Air Fryer, you will then want to toss it in the sauce before serving. So the sauce will not be on the chicken when it’s in the Air Fryer.
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Cornstarch or Potato Starch
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Cooked Rice
- Cooked Green Beans
- Sliced Green Onions
- Cut the chicken into cubed chunks, then toss in a bowl with Cornstarch or Potato Starch. Use enough to coat the chicken evenly.
- Place in the Air Fryer and cook according to your Air Fryer Manual for chicken. (Note - I cooked ours on 390* for 25 Minutes)
- While the chicken is cooking, in a small saucepan, combine the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and ginger.
- Bring this to a low boil, then whisk in the cornstarch until the sauce is thickened.
- Set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, mix it into the sauce and warm up. This can be done in a small skillet or the saucepan, simply coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken over the cooked rice with green beans.
- Garnish with green onion.
Now, once our chicken was done, we paired it with green beans and rice. It hit the spot for us and made me think I am going to be adding recipes like this to our menu every week!
Now, what have you tried in the Air Fryer? I’d love to hear some more recipes I should try too!
Enjoy this Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken!
Pin it for later –
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.